Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio USB selection does not 'stick'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 plays tracks from a USB stick (flat file structure) with no problems but the selection does not 'stick'. On returning to the car the USB Audio plays perhaps 1 in 5 occasions. On the other 4 occasions the USB audio selection has to be re-made and a track selected. I usually use shuffle, with 100s of various tracks. Am I missing something?

My Model 3 plays tracks from a USB stick (flat file structure) with no problems but the selection does not 'stick'. On returning to the car the USB Audio plays perhaps 1 in 5 occasions. On the other 4 occasions the USB audio selection has to be re-made and a track selected. I usually use shuffle, with 100s of various tracks. Am I missing something?
Just a quick bump as I also suffer with this. Very annoying.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately it has always been like this - the suspect is the USB driver software - when the car wakes up it takes a few seconds to recognize the plugged in USB drive. because of that delay the system thinks there is no USB connected so switches to some other input source.

It is a lot better than it used to be, and some have found that by waking the car via the app just prior to getting in allows the USB time to be started up and then it plays.

Upvote 0