Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just dropped by my service center. My car was there!!! Couldn’t look at it long. They kicked me out because I was standing in the loading dock :). Can’t wait to pick it up on Monday

Attachments

• 6CCB68C6-64E9-495B-A3E5-1A675634A1F7.jpeg
    6CCB68C6-64E9-495B-A3E5-1A675634A1F7.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 99
We picked up our blue MYLR this afternoon! Got there a little early. The "detail guy" was still working on it. I said "work away and take your time!"

Turned out it is Intel Atom, no heated wiper dock or Li 12 Volt, AFAIK. A slight disappointment but none of that's a deal breaker. SA was shocked I knew what Tesla Garage was, and she didn't know how to interpret the code for the Atom (Lake).

Pleasant interaction with the SA. We hung out with her for a while and when detail was done we spent an hour or so going over the checklist we had. The only thing we found was this little trim piece on the passenger side which was out of line. Maybe out of spec. They weren't sure and were going to check with the shop guys when they come in next week.

1645935718970.png

There was also a superficial clear coat scratch on the DS rear panel that I could only see in perfect light, would easily buff out, and our finish is not going to survive the first trip down our gravel road anyway. Otherwise great. She let us into the car and spend as much time as we wanted and did not hover. Answered all of our questions honestly. Offered that she receives no commission and considers her job education.

Told us that deliveries to Idaho are very spotty. Sometimes they deliver 2 cars a week (or less), sometimes 16, depending on the availability of 3rd party truckers. They are hoping to get covered transport eventually, but are taking what they get for now (referenced the blue MY and blue M3 we saw two weeks ago out back peppered with gravel scratches and chips. Today they had a MY out back that had some much mud on it you couldn't tell what color it actually was!)

At any rate, we're very happy with the car and the interaction. Next I'll be installing some goodies and getting studded snow tires (warehouse has some Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUVs that showed up). We'll put them on the rims we have and pick up some new ones when we next go down the the Treasure Valley.

Paying the picture tax:

Attachments​

• Resized_20220226_151309.jpeg
    Resized_20220226_151309.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 0

Part of me was happy thinking I may get a Texas build but after reading through here it seems like when the EDD starts jumping around, VIN seems to follow although so many different experiences here as well. In the end, the 4680 bat really isn’t a game changer to the end user so I’ll take what I can get.

For anyone that lives anywhere with cold seasons, the new additions are a game changer.

The wiper blades become blocks of ice after snow falls and with them below the hood, difficult to break up. Preheating for an hour doesn't thaw them out. You have to chisel them out. The heater is necessary.

The battery range reductions with preheating and battery heating prior to supercharging drastically reduce range in the cold. My current estimated range from the last 50km is 260km for the entire battery. I can improve this if I drive 90km/h on highways where people are driving 120km/h+

Separately the ryzon chip will be stunning for your boredom when you can play good games while you wait to charge up. (If you play games obviously)

I'm sorry your vehicles Haven't arrived. Got my Aug order delivered in December, but ever 2 or 3 days I curse this 2022 model with none of the updates.

For anyone is cold weather regions deep breath your wait is worth more than you can imagine.

For anyone in warmer climates, want to buy mine now and give me your estimated delivery window? I'll take the bus til it arrives.

For anyone that lives anywhere with cold seasons, the new additions are a game changer.

The wiper blades become blocks of ice after snow falls and with them below the hood, difficult to break up. Preheating for an hour doesn't thaw them out. You have to chisel them out. The heater is necessary.

The battery range reductions with preheating and battery heating prior to supercharging drastically reduce range in the cold. My current estimated range from the last 50km is 260km for the entire battery. I can improve this if I drive 90km/h on highways where people are driving 120km/h+

Separately the ryzon chip will be stunning for your boredom when you can play good games while you wait to charge up. (If you play games obviously)

I'm sorry your vehicles Haven't arrived. Got my Aug order delivered in December, but ever 2 or 3 days I curse this 2022 model with none of the updates.

For anyone is cold weather regions deep breath your wait is worth more than you can imagine.

For anyone in warmer climates, want to buy mine now and give me your estimated delivery window? I'll take the bus til it arrives.
I got the AMD (100% sure) and I think I have the wiper heater too. I say I think, because I see the icon to heat the wiper and it gets red when I press it, but it isn’t great, although it does the job, I still have some ice loosely stuck to the wipers. Do you have the icon?

I’m glad you have the same experience with range. In Toronto, driving mostly in the city my range is 250-300km at 85% charge, which I was surprised. We are taking -10 to 0C temperatures. We had a couple warmer days, 5 to 7C and the range jumped to 350-400km. Which I was a bit shocked (i.e. the temperature impact). My average in the winter so far is 234W/h (started driving it in Feb 2nd), considering a battery of 75kWh, that would be 320km average range with a full battery. In my little experience, driving on HWY around 110km/h does increase the projected range, compared to city, by at least 50km… also a surprise. Isn’t city suppose to higher? I’m wondering if it’s because I usually only drive ~5kms. Stop, drive ~5km again a few minutes later. In other words, the battery is always cold, except when I leave home, since I precondition in the morning.

Why do I worry? Well, for daily comute, doesn’t matter. The car is always at 85% in the morning and I never got below 60%. But, pre-covid I drove Toronto-Quebec City in the winter (~800km) for skying. Now that will be interesting, specially because the temperatures can drop to -30C And the car will be packed.

@Oddmanout what is your average kWh since December?

BTW, I noticed the app shows 388kWh for the las 31 days (I have the car for just under a month) and the all time trip shows 177kWh. Shouldn’t these be about the same??? Is the discrepancy based on the preconditioning (I use it quite a bit)? That is a huge difference.
305FF8D0-2FAA-46B4-BFC5-3831CA3D7E5E.jpeg
D22A900B-17AC-49CB-B424-008ABE43D314.jpeg

Last edited:

That’s actually encouraging. Thank you. I’ll go out on a limb and ask, do you think Tesla is purposely holding off on delivery’s to cold locations to give the upgrades? Here in Green Bay it is 0-20F for most of Jan/feb. If they were, that would be cool but say that then. People would respect that and it wouldn’t look like a complete cluster on their end.

That’s actually encouraging. Thank you. I’ll go out on a limb and ask, do you think Tesla is purposely holding off on delivery’s to cold locations to give the upgrades? Here in Green Bay it is 0-20F for most of Jan/feb. If they were, that would be cool but say that then. People would respect that and it wouldn’t look like a complete cluster on their end.
That didn't stop them from delivering an Intel Atom to me. -6F the morning I got it.

Glad I could help.

My opinion....not likely. They have enough troubles.....it is possible that regulators/associations might be pressuring them to provide evidence that they are adequately resolving the issues though.
In the end of you get a fixed version, count yourself lucky. Until then, pray to the flickering tesla in the sky and hope you don't get a car as soon as I.

I live in Boston, looking forward to the heated wiper blades!