Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove on 8/3 and ordered the same day. But I’m curious, how many of you test drove a model y before ordering? I feel many didn’t.
I had driven my Brother-in-Laws M3 when he first got it. Knew I was going to get a Tesla and wanted a SUV as next car. Saw the MY and knew I would get one but kept pushing it off as my current Kia is a 2015 and couldn't justify a new car. Then with Used Car Market going up, possible BBB, and my financial situation getting better, I looked at the Tesla page, built out my car again, (had done this a number of times), saw it was pushing into January for delivery. So, got in my car, drove to local SC and started talking to the SA, he said, are you ready for a Test Drive and off I went. Got back and completed order right then and there. Family just said to me, "What took you so long, we all knew you were going to get one, it's the car for you."

Reactions: jlsprcr
Picked up my car yesterday, and started to have buyers remorse before even leaving. I basically had no intro, walkthrough, etc., had to Google certain things myself I would have assumed they would have gone over. Considering how many employees were standing around at times, did not consider they were too busy. I get in the car and it is at 60% charge, that too really annoyed me (first said 90 miles range and I had at least that to do that day). Even after I got in the car the app still asking for final payment, because they never looked at the checks until I showed up, i.e. did not process payment until then (though had the checks from bank for almost 2 weeks). Some stuff was not difficult, just more annoyance like having to figure out how to set phone as the key, still no idea on remote sentry viewing. Had to Google pre-conditioning. Yes charger was in back, but still I would have figured they would say something. Windshield wiper fluid? Get yourself peasant, we don't waste our money getting that for you! (seriously, driving home, needed to clean the windows...and I have to stop at a f*@& gas station because it has no fluid). All together I paid $60k for a car Tesla has made me feel as if I should be grateful they sold me a car. *&#@ this, in a few years this is not going to fly, customers like me are going to walk away. If Polestar had better range, if Mercedes EQB was out and had good range, if VW was just a little bit better....

One certainty, in a few years....Tesla will be the last manufacturer I consider.
very sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have seen to many such reports both here and on reddit forums to say this is one bad egg. I think many eggs are rotten. No washer fluid is beyond belief for a new car. So which of the 3 Minnesota SC did you pick up your car? My car will be coming to the Eden Prairie SC. My experience visiting that SC for test drive and checking out the display car was good.