Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing, I am still wondering if I should acceleration boost and if it’s worth it
I'm on the fence, leaning towards not getting it. But not based on actual results. It's pretty amazing, on the low end. Above 60. Don't think there's a difference.

I'm shying away from it mainly because the vehicle has so much torque already.
If in the near future every vehicle starts to zip around like the MYLR, maybe then I'll add the extra boost. Or maybe if I just get bored of the current performance.

So driving this MYLR lender right now. It has the acceleration boost option enabled. While no one NEEDS this, just fyi, the added acceleration at the low end is very noticable and the vehicle has a slight high frequency whine as is accelerates.

Oh and separate note! I installed aftermarket aluminum pedals. Brake pedal has a black rubber pad to remove prior to install. The accelerator pedal (the "Go button") has nothing to remove. It's just a thin peice of plastic that would be very annoying to have to replace if it breaks.
Seems like a ridiculous choice on teslas part, buy hey, they shaved a dollar or so off the overall cost this way.
Exactly what I wanted to know - acceleration boost. Thank you!

Reactions: Oddmanout
Saw a 7 seater MY yesterday. Not sure if 7 seater purchasers knew this but to squeeze those extra seats in the 3,4,5 seats are pushed forward. Seats are crammed in there. Wouldn't want to be a tall person in a 3,4,5 seat or the poor children (no one else is sitting there) crammed in the 6,7 seats.

Just heads up it's.....cozy
Actually and on this topic. A Heads up.

My wife and I only learned/noticed the height adjustment because on day two with the vehicle, her seat belt locked and neither of us could get it to release to allow her to put it on. We noticed the button to raise and lower the belt, and when we pushed the button it unlocked the belt. No idea why it locked while we were in a parking lot but was solved somewhat quickly.

I'm on the fence, leaning towards not getting it. But not based on actual results. It's pretty amazing, on the low end. Above 60. Don't think there's a difference.

I'm shying away from it mainly because the vehicle has so much torque already.
If in the near future every vehicle starts to zip around like the MYLR, maybe then I'll add the extra boost. Or maybe if I just get bored of the current performance.
That’s what I felt, the MYLR as is was pretty fast for me, so i am not sure if adding that acceleration will be a stressing issue, besides, you can’t transfer over to your next car

Reactions: Oddmanout
Just found this board recently. Thanks for all the info included here.

MYLR Midnight Silver/Black - 5 seats - 19" - No Tow - No FSD

OD 8/31 EDD Jan 14-Feb 11 (Current) It has jumped around quite a bit.

I spoke with Tesla in early December when my EDD was Dec 17-31 about a vacation during that time and was told my car was scheduled to be built the first week of January. I have received no other updates and do not have a VIN.

Reactions: tlx777 and xSCMx
Just found this board recently. Thanks for all the info included here.

MYLR Midnight Silver/Black - 5 seats - 19" - No Tow - No FSD

OD 8/31 EDD Jan 14-Feb 11 (Current) It has jumped around quite a bit.

I spoke with Tesla in early December when my EDD was Dec 17-31 about a vacation during that time and was told my car was scheduled to be built the first week of January. I have received no other updates and do not have a VIN.
%*+$&%, my EDD had been steady since order. Just now changed to June. Hope they are recalculating for Austin. 😫

so if you have been waiting for 130 days or more
Congrats, you are now, according to the sheet, entering the 10 longest wait periods for ORDER to VIN
139 days…
1641326603012.gif

• Funny
Reactions: in2survive
Wow, I would expect that with white, not silver. I hope you get it soon.
There is nothing to expect, there is nothing to discern....we are at the whims of Tesla. I am certain that everyone who is more than 130 days runs the gamut. All colors, 5 or 7 seaters, 19 or 20 inches, white or black interior, tow or no tow.