Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
August order friends, please join me in welcoming the newest member of my family. Picked up on January 4 (exactly 5 months after placing my order). Pickup was quick and easy and everything looks flawless! Intel chip and all USB ports in place. All the pain and frustration of waiting for the car seemed to go away the second I drove off in this beauty! Hang in there everyone!
It’s beautiful. Congrats. If wife hadn’t insisted on red, that is color I would have ordered.

My work place is 2 miles from my home. So I can well understand why your wife would want you to have snow tires. A few years back I had business trip to Moscow and I drove from Spokane during fall, and I was mesmerized by the beautiful scenery of mountains and conifer trees. I am sure in the winter the winding mountain roads would be treacherous to drive.
It is all about breaking IMHO. I leave in Toronto, which isn’t too bad for snow, I could make it without winter tires, but I would definitely try to get them even for this year. If I can’t find them anymore, I would buy them for the next season. Also, insurance is (a little bit) cheaper if you have snow tires too.

August order friends, please join me in welcoming the newest member of my family. Picked up on January 4 (exactly 5 months after placing my order). Pickup was quick and easy and everything looks flawless! Intel chip and all USB ports in place. All the pain and frustration of waiting for the car seemed to go away the second I drove off in this beauty! Hang in there everyone!
There is hope! Congrats on your new car!!!

Phantom drain is very real
Causes:
-overheat protection
-sentry mode.
-Opening the app often. It wakes vehicle. (Didn't open app all night purposely)
-bluetooth connect and disconnect.
-cold temperatures. (Note my 4% (23ish km) drain occurred as temps went from 0C to 4C. Not the culprit.
-third party apps. I had Tezlab. Removed it and drain slowed. 2% less drain a night.

Android widget shouldn't be an issue. It identifies last time car was pinged and isn't often and is based on user input.

When phone is connected it doesn't let the car deep sleep.

There are many discussions on this. If anyone finds solutions let me know!
I thought one of the main points of TezLab was to not wake the car. It is supposed to store info when the car is awake, so that it doesn't have to wake it each time you open the app. It even has a little "Asleep" icon on top of the picture of your car. I use a lot of apps, but my favorites are Stats and Tessie (Nikola keeps getting better), and Stats has a very good breakdown of your phantom drain.

HOT! Seems like us sac folks are getting love. I’m really glad to hear the USB ports are working. What’s your fav thing about it so far?

And no changes since entering the window this time? I have to say, 154 days is really, really wild. Anyone waiting longer?
I’m sure if you had the option you’d gladly go to Fremont to get it!
I know of some who waited in the 170s...I am hoping that won't be me ( or any of us for that matter), but I have lost my optimism

I thought one of the main points of TezLab was to not wake the car. It is supposed to store info when the car is awake, so that it doesn't have to wake it each time you open the app. It even has a little "Asleep" icon on top of the picture of your car. I use a lot of apps, but my favorites are Stats and Tessie (Nikola keeps getting better), and Stats has a very good breakdown of your phantom drain.
Thanks!
I've been turning things on and off. Sentry is by far the largest culprit I see with about 9% drain in 24hr

Didn't know that about Tezlab. Will check out the others.

It is all about breaking IMHO. I leave in Toronto, which isn’t too bad for snow, I could make it without winter tires, but I would definitely try to get them even for this year. If I can’t find them anymore, I would buy them for the next season. Also, insurance is (a little bit) cheaper if you have snow tires too.
Interesting. Here in Minneapolis, the average annual snow fall is 52". The average in Toronto is between 42-48" so they are pretty similar. I have never used snow tires in any of my cars. Unless Tesla is worse in the snow than my current Lexus 450 Rxh SUV, I will just use Tesla with its stock all season tires. Our streets are cleaned pretty good in the metro area so it might be worth checking out. I am just lazy to be doing the wheel change every year.

Woke up with an update. Edd changed from Jan 15 - Feb 12 ------> Jan 23 to Feb 6th. Further away but also a smaller time period. Also at the end of the month so chances of AMD. Not really looking forward to it being an Austin build because there are for sure going to be QA issues
I woke up to a change as well. Jan 9-Feb 6 ———-> Jan 14 a Jan 18. Not sure what this means but I suppose it’s good new.

Just saw another one too MYP. First time I’m seeing MSM in the inventory. Hoping that means mine is close!
One of the worst things to see while waiting, IMO, your exact build on the inventory site with like 3 miles. Meaning it could be shipped to your delivery center for you to take delivery.

Reactions: srnewby54 and xSCMx
I'm also at 154 days, with an EDD of "June".
Your EDDs look a bit like you may not have completed your profile. I don't see any bump ups, just backwards. You may want to call Tesla to check that everything is in and your profile is complete.
so does that mean they will reassign this vehicle to someone else and match you after the hold?
Bet you they send it to inventory.

Yep, I got the vanilla Y, which now I know is the one that takes the longest. Had I known, I would have gotten a different colour and I would likely have my car… or perhaps 20” wheels. Oh well, eventually I hope I still get the car.
Unfortunately, that means nothing...Only physical extra I didn't get was 7 seats and I sit here at 141 days and counting.