Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m going no PPF. Rolling the dice!
Me too. It will be in fit condition for my grandkids to learn driving when I am done with it:) My final bill for my configuration and FSD is $70K+ For this price, Tesla should be paying more attention to better paint quality. They could have easily put a grill in the front. But they wanted to standout and so have a flat front to announce, look ma, no engine. But that is a target for all sorts of road debris to make dents on the paint.

Me too. It will be in fit condition for my grandkids to learn driving when I am done with it:) My final bill for my configuration and FSD is $70K+ For this price, Tesla should be paying more attention to better paint quality. They could have easily put a grill in the front. But they wanted to standout and so have a flat front to announce, look ma, no engine. But that is a target for all sorts of road debris to make dents on the paint.
I was also going to go with the NO PPF route, but i think ill order a PFF sheet from amazon and do it myself. No the whole thing. Jus the "Look ma, no engine" part. I also do not mean the precut ones. just a PPF sheet and cut it myself and just do the front bumper. All august orders need another chat for us when we all eventually have the cars and see what we do to the cars...

I was also going to go with the NO PPF route, but i think ill order a PFF sheet from amazon and do it myself. No the whole thing. Jus the "Look ma, no engine" part. I also do not mean the precut ones. just a PPF sheet and cut it myself and just do the front bumper. All august orders need another chat for us when we all eventually have the cars and see what we do to the cars...
Good for you man. If I had better knees and ability I would have done the PPF myself. In my younger days, I even fitted tow bars and more on each new car I bought. When it comes to selling cars, I doubt minor chipping is going to make any difference to the price. Just the Kelley Blue book value.

Good for you man. If I had better knees and ability I would have done the PPF myself. In my younger days, I even fitted tow bars and more on each new car I bought. When it comes to selling cars, I doubt minor chipping is going to make any difference to the price. Just the Kelley Blue book value.
Ya this is the reason, I think im skipping PPF. Sold our M3LR - had PPF in the front and mirrors. Paid like $1200 back in 2018. never recouped that $ back. I dont think having PPF vs not having made any diff selling the car or the price.

EDIT: i understand the reason behind ppf. For most this is the most they’ve spent on a car, that was me with the model 3 in 2018. And got ppf bc I wanted to protect it Etc etc. but after 1-2yrs the honeymoon is over and it’s just a car. Lol.

but I’ll still park away from people - I’m not willingly gonna get dinged by the “regular” people 😂

Last edited:
I was planning to schedule a PPF appointment, but hearing you guys and doing some research, I will buy from amazon and set it up myself

I was planning to schedule a PPF appointment, but hearing you guys and doing some research, I will buy from amazon and set it up myself
if you really want to do PPF, i think the best case is to order the precut ones.. they cost more but itll be more accurate and less hassle.. the reason im going to the amazon one, is because i only want to do the front bumper and i dont really care about the ppf .. its just cause of no vents

if you really want to do PPF, i think the best case is to order the precut ones.. they cost more but itll be more accurate and less hassle.. the reason im going to the amazon one, is because i only want to do the front bumper and i dont really care about the ppf .. its just cause of no vents
I agree with this. I don't really care about the ppf but seeing how the car is taking all impacts on the front bumper, it makes sense to wrap that