Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve purchased it before on my first Model S and for my Model X and I don’t think it’s really worth the price. Besides the fact that FSD is not fully available I just don’t find myself using a lot of the features. I don’t feel comfortable with auto loan change, I don’t use smart summon, I don’t feel comfortable with using autopilot features on city streets. The other reason I won’t purchase it again is I can’t transfer it to new cars. I know this won’t be my last Tesla and I will eventually trade it in when there is a worthy upgrade. I have a new Model X on order now. Unless they change the transfer policy or FSD gets a real green light I probably won’t buy it again.
I’m 100% with you. Paying 10K, let alone 12K for it without the ability to transfer it to another vehicle is crazy IMHO. As it stands today, I would consider the monthly subscription and use it when I travel or something, but I can’t convince myself, or worse, convince my wife to let me spend that much money on a half backed FSD.

Does anyone know when Tesla pulls money for the payment? Is it when you "Add payment method" and give bank details? Or closer to the delivery date?
you can do either, the SA confirmed that you can do that at delivery date, but they also hinted they if you pay ahead of time they will prioritize you for delivery
When you use their payment service, it will ask you to login to to your bank and grab the banking info, the deduction from your bank is on the spot, it will verify the routing and account number couple of times before making the withdrawal, but for your bank to reflect it may take 1-2 business days
In some rare cases your bank may put a hold because of the large amount, but that's fixed with the automated service

Reactions: leaftoy
Me looking at the snow through the window and praying for the safety of the truck driver who is probably driving towards the service center here
it had to snow just days before my delivery 😁😁
unnamed.jpg

It would be nice if Tesla processed orders roughly in order date order with some variation to account for different config production batches and the need to fill up shipping before sending out. Since the estimated delivery before I ordered was January I probably would have received the vehicle around the expected time but with lot less stress. It is when you start seeing September and October orders getting their cars you start wondering when you will ever get your order.

At least going by the VINs reported so far in this thread is it fair to say Tesla is probably moving towards order (or profile completion) date based order processing without the usual Canada orders in first month, East coast in second month, and west coast for EOQ?
Do you remember if they were doing the same thing they do now with initial EDDs, extras bumped the EDD up? I had an initial EDD of December for like 3 days and then it jumped to November and I was 4 days behind you.

Reactions: leaftoy
Well, the sales advisors at the local service centre do not work on Monday so no official communication on this yet, but they just posted a new purchase agreement with new VIN number to our account. 7SAYGDEE4NF357106 was old VIN (posting the full VIN so the next buyer who googles their VIN might find this post and know the history)
The new VIN is NF3663xx with Estimated Delivery Jan 28 - Feb 1.
I still don’t quite understand the reasoning in not posting full VINs you can walk up to any car and see it right? So doesn’t anyone know the reason not to post it?

Do you remember if they were doing the same thing they do now with initial EDDs, extras bumped the EDD up? I had an initial EDD of December for like 3 days and then it jumped to November and I was 4 days behind you.
Yes that kind of wild swings and unpredictability needs to go. May be just leave everyone at the default estimated date when they ordered until closer to delivery and production team is more certain of the dates and then work hard to keep within the estimate. Not in that industry but it can’t be that hard to do this, can it?

Reactions: samori01
New member here in the Seattle area. I had an OD of 8/20/2021 for a 5 seat grey MY LR with 19" wheels. Got a VIN assigned to me at the end of November, but I delayed it for a couple weeks in hopes of BBB passing, but I released the hold on the 2nd week of December. My delivery date changed to 1/16 - 2/13, but as of this morning it's now showing June 2022. I called customer service and apparently quite a few people have had the same issue and said I should get a new and less ambiguous date within 48 hours. Yuck.

New member here in the Seattle area. I had an OD of 8/20/2021 for a 5 seat grey MY LR with 19" wheels. Got a VIN assigned to me at the end of November, but I delayed it for a couple weeks in hopes of BBB passing, but I released the hold on the 2nd week of December. My delivery date changed to 1/16 - 2/13, but as of this morning it's now showing June 2022. I called customer service and apparently quite a few people have had the same issue and said I should get a new and less ambiguous date within 48 hours. Yuck.
Based on what I read, a lot of people got this random June push, but I think it's bogus and you should be back on track