Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Road-trip review - continued
1. Steering: for god’s sake, Trust your tesla, I know I am a perfectionist and sometime second guessed the way Tesla drives on Autopilot, but leave the steering to her, this car is equipped with many cameras and will think twice before it makes a bad decision, but it will always do what’s safer, lane changing detection of incoming cars is so safe, you may find yourself thinking “I would have done it if i were you” but be thankful, the car prioritizes safety at all costs, also, feel free to be a little scared when going over a sharp highway turn haha, the Tesla does not brake but tries to maintains enough speed to stay on lane and sharp turn, which is not what I would do personally, but it will do it well, way better than I could
2. Your battery will restore some of its juice, thanks to regenerative braking, which by the way also happens on AP, this is a great mechanism for your overall range, if you want to restore a lot of your battdry juice, drive on the city, or drive slower, one time the car asked me to drive 55 miles to reach a 3 hours destination, I am sure it’s possible? But I didn’t, the speed limit was 75, so I took a supercharger half way
3. For those of you who will cheat using the ankle brace lol, keep that brace wrapped on either the left or right side of the upper part of the steering, the lower part does not always get accurate reading and may ask you to touch the wheel, next time I am adding both braces, since the amazon orders provides too, but yes the upper part of the steering wheel is spot on, and you may not touch the wheels for hours haha
4. Acceleration: it is recommended that you switch to chill mode on long roand trips, which is a slower pace for the car acceleration, but good for battery and range, you may switch back to standard on the city (at the end of your trip of course), I used that city driving advanotate to accelerate like a maniac haha, yes even 0 -60 in 4.8 secs, is very fast
5. Noise: I hope this is an issue that can be fixed by Tesla, but I read reports that Tesla noise reduction is not great, there are some kits that can reduce it but will not kill it

And that’s all for now!
hope you find some of this helpful, please feel free to share if I was wrong on some aspects, after all I am still learning

Rare, but it did happen, if the Tesla get stuck in a right lane and there is a ramp coming, it will break hard, it will break hard if you are on a high road and it can’t see because there is downhill coming, but you will have weird brakes only rarely
Thanks! Sounds like it's a thing. Any of those times scary? I worry about being rear-ended.

Reactions: eric.freeman
Well, 2 days into my 1 month EDD range, I got pushed out a week into yet another 1 month EDD. At least I know they haven't forgotten about me.
After the huge number of VINs in the last week, I thought maybe, maybe...but nope.

How many of us August orders are left?
Still here, or am I considered a Nov person since that is when my profile got completed. (still annoyed about that.)

Well, 2 days into my 1 month EDD range, I got pushed out a week into yet another 1 month EDD. At least I know they haven't forgotten about me.
After the huge number of VINs in the last week, I thought maybe, maybe...but nope.

Me, but I may fall in line with October orders given my PC date was in October.

Still here, or am I considered a Nov person since that is when my profile got completed. (still annoyed about that.)
Really hard to tell about the order date vs profile complete thing. I have read people saying that their SAs told them it did not. There's so much variability in delivery times that, how can you ever really know? I had my profile completed in August for sure, but then in September, when that EDD passed, I deleted my trade in and went to cash. Did that change my PC date and push me out? No way to be sure. I doubt it, but...

Bummed that my EDD seems to be moving in the wrong direction and is now much further out than it was originally. Is that normal?

Order for a MYLR Blue w/B&W Interior, 19" wheels and no FSD was placed November 13th. Original EDD was March 16-April 13, then it changed to June for a couple days (everyone else checks daily too, right? 😬), before giving me March 17-April 14 until near the end of December when it suddenly changed to July.

Wasn't too worried, figuring it was EOY delivery crush, etc., and would revert back. Unfortunately, it's stayed there ever since, for over a month now. Am I really going to have to wait until July? 😟
Most of Us here ordered in August, and we are getting the cars now (Performance was delivered earlier). In other words, 4 to 6 months range. So if you ordered in November, it sounds reasonable to see anything from March to June… July sounds a bit far, specially with Austin coming online. Although, I would “guess” two important factors:
1. Austin needs to ramp up
2. Once Austin is producing Ys with the new battery pack, they will likely make changes to Fremont, which should see some downtime.
Hey, but I’m REALLY guessing here. EDD is just a reference point, anything can happen. Just look at my signature to see how many changes I’ve had.
Good luck!

Reactions: AZTech

I’m still here with you. I got my window down to 14 days though, and my “buddy” at Tesla told me I‘m suppose to get a VIN next week.
PS: my “buddy” is just the only person I found to actually reply to my emails from Tesla. Even my SA was ghosting me.

I'm still here and my 28 day window was pushed back more than three weeks. You're not alone.

Reactions: DrGriz
I’m still here with you. I got my window down to 14 days though, and my “buddy” at Tesla told me I‘m suppose to get a VIN next week.
PS: my “buddy” is just the only person I found to actually reply to my emails from Tesla. Even my SA was ghosting me.
Yeah, I recalled you and your two week window. Hope it comes for you and maybe you'll beat me to the finish line. My current dates seem so generic that they might as well be "June".

I have not heard from anyone. I had the number of an SA we spoke with in April or May, and tried to contact her, but no response.

Anyway, I think there is so much "Just in Time" involved in the process of filling an order that it's really a last minute decision as to whether they will send a vehicle to a lower volume DC like I imagine we have here in Idaho. My number is up, but do they have a blue LR with Tow when the delivery truck with 8 slots is about to leave? No? Next truck in 2 weeks, and so on.

When was your profile completed? I ordered on 8/19, but PC is 10/1. I also have a 7 seater. Yesterday my EDD just got pushed back to 3/4-3/31.
I don’t remember exactly when in October it was, but I noticed that my EDD moved out in late October (I wasn’t checking on a regular basis before then, though). Mine is at TBD and has been for over 2 weeks. Not sure if it’s carrier direct affecting that, but I’ve been trying to get answers out of Tesla. Before the TBD change, it had been holding steady at 2/21-3/21 for a few months.

Got the car yesterday. Except some dirty spots on seat and handles, everything else is WNL. Test drove the car with the family as well. Every one like it except noise when driving on freeway. We got used to drive in Lexus 450H. Looking for something to reduce the wind noise. Anybody has any idea, please provide. Thank you and good luck with all the Augusters to get the cars soon.

Got the car yesterday. Except some dirty spots on seat and handles, everything else is WNL. Test drove the car with the family as well. Every one like it except noise when driving on freeway. We got used to drive in Lexus 450H. Looking for something to reduce the wind noise. Anybody has any idea, please provide. Thank you and good luck with all the Augusters to get the cars soon.
I am looking for a noise reduction kit among other solutions, but I agree the wind noise is kinda annoying

I am ordering this