Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still here too, my EDD is on Jan 29th so I'm just waiting pertinently to see what happens. They did ask me if I want to trade in my current car so I'm waiting to see how much they will give me for it, but I do also have someone who may just buy it from me so I'm not concerned about that.
Yeah, I am expecting to see the trade in question shortly before VIN, like you. Haven't yet, so I suspect I am behind you a bit. But who knows?

Got my tracking info and my cashier's check should be here before the end of tomorrow! Of course there had to be another hiccup with DCU addressing the check to 'TELSA INC' instead of 'TESLA INC' (!!!), but I think I should be all good with the slight typo....right?!
Got some well-needed peace of mind and got in contact with DCU regarding the typo; long story short they're gonna send me a new check with the correct spelling that will still get here before delivery on Friday!

Last edited:
I called Geico today and it turned out they had added some extended warranty for new cars to my quote. I said no thanks and the rate dropped. Now the rates seem similar to Progressive. Geico says Teslas are heavy cars and thats part of reason why price is so high. And also higher premium because Tesla is hard to deal with when an accident occurs. Has to be done Tesla's way and guess the insurance company doesn't like dealing with them, hahahaha.
When I checked with USAA, it was like 5 dollars more than my Subaru.
I can't see weight being a major factor overall. I do know that fixing a panel on a Tesla is not the same as fixing one on a standard car. Electronics and so forth behind them. So maybe somewhat different. Curious how much different companies vary on this topic. If it was objective stuff like weight then you'd think they would all vary similarly.

Reactions: samori01
I am ordering this

I ended up Ordering one that covers the roof gaps only, let’s see how it goes, review said the reduction was noticeable