Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer. Tesla called me this morning to confirm my appt on Friday. Paid my down payment this evening, in anticipation. I haven’t inquired about the infotainment chip. Crossing my fingers for amd.
Nice!

I’m sure there’s nothing terribly wrong with my vehicle, but I’m definitely let down after building my excitement all week. On top of that, I’m gonna have to move my work day around to accommodate this change.

Also got my new insurance policy all squared away, so now I’m surely paying double insurance since my current policy bills the first of the month. Like c’mon give me a damn break, Tesla!

Welp, not even 15 minutes after making this post, I get a text from Tesla saying my vehicle has been delayed due to a minor cosmetic issue. Wishful thinking is that I'll somehow get an AMD chip out of this, but knowing my luck, it's probably unrelated, and I'm probably stuck with the Intel chip my SA said I have.

New tentative delivery date is 2/3/22 at 11am, which is great since I'm working during that time, and I'm supposed to drive to SF for the Warriors game that evening :')

SO HAPPY I DECIDED TO PAY MY DOWN PAYMENT YESTERDAY!

Alright, rant over. Life lesson, don't be me, because you will get sh*t on. Constantly! (Kidding, of course....mostly)
Sounds like a good day to call in Sick

If you put your email in Tesla will notify you when it is back in stock and you can quickly order it before it goes out of stock again. That’s what I did even before knowing when I will take delivery so I ended up being without homelink for only couple of days after delivery (ie until earliest mobile appt).
Yup. Did that last week. Know how long it takes them to restock homelink?

Welp, not even 15 minutes after making this post, I get a text from Tesla saying my vehicle has been delayed due to a minor cosmetic issue. Wishful thinking is that I'll somehow get an AMD chip out of this, but knowing my luck, it's probably unrelated, and I'm probably stuck with the Intel chip my SA said I have.

New tentative delivery date is 2/3/22 at 11am, which is great since I'm working during that time, and I'm supposed to drive to SF for the Warriors game that evening :')

SO HAPPY I DECIDED TO PAY MY DOWN PAYMENT YESTERDAY!

Alright, rant over. Life lesson, don't be me, because you will get sh*t on. Constantly! (Kidding, of course....mostly)
ack, maybe I'll go the certified check route?

Reactions: kjudd11
So upset. I was at work on a work call and got a call from Tesla. I couldn't pick up, but they said my MY was coming to the service center TOMORROW and they wanted to see if I could get it early! But by the time i called back they had closed for the day. Hopefully they can squeeze me in tomorrow, or I'll have to wait until the weekend.

This wait is agonizing!

After 24hrs with the Model Y, I can confidently say it’s the most fun vehicle to drive. I had a few minor things (passenger side glass not lined up correctly, seat stitching slightly off, and trunk alignment was wonky) but overall it’s been smooth sailing. First avail service appointment isn’t till feb 7th. Guess that’s not too bad. I think I’ll install homelink during that visit.

Mine did not come with update v11. Hasnt popped up for me to update yet. Not sure what that’s about but whatever. The AMD chip is killer. Everything flies on the screen.

Loving it.
You got that AMD??? Holy hell congrats!

Me watching some of you having fun with your new MY’s this weekend knowing I should have had mine this weekend too 😭
0BFD4D22-D513-40F3-90D5-55E579A58449.jpeg