Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think by the time the Austin 4680 build is ready for delivery, they'll hike up the price again due to the extended range of over 400+ miles for the new battery
It is unlikely they will increase the range. More likely they will just fit in enough (fewer than with the 2170s) to keep the range exactly where it is. There will be a period of time (what that period is we don't know) where there will be MYs with 4680s and MYs with 2170s being produced at the same time. There was no mention of adding an extra LR MY, and most people do not know anything about the different batteries, so keeping the range the same and shipping both batteries will make much more sense, than having a completely new line, especially when they said they don't plan on any new lines. I say this, fully knowing that its TESLA so all of that is subject to change.

Quick update. Deja Vu.

recap:
We had the first car get damaged in transit, sent to body shop on Jan 12

The replacement car just arrived. Damaged in transit. It's off to the body shop.

But the first one is reported to be in progress and due back end of the week and they will send it to the glass place for new windshield and we will likely be getting the original one now that the replacement is going down the same path.

Well. That is all for now.
1643400910119.gif