Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unbelievable. EDD pushed to May 18-June 15. I'm taking a break from all things Tesla for a while. I'll check back in when and if I ever get a VIN. I expect I'll just be talking to myself by then.
Man, I 100% understand the feeling. I was just like “screw this”, then I finally got the VIN. Hang in there, maybe you get one with the new battery pack.

Hello August Gang, wanted to share a couple of cool upgrades I made yesterday
1. Tasleem 19” Gemini matte black wheel covers, easy install, 200$ for the entire set, definitely improved the car’s look, I am being nitpicky on that grey circle around the wheel, but it still look sporty, took me 5 minutes, according to Taslem, they are supposed to reduce wheel noise, which I can confirm a little bit, but they are supposed to increase range by 4% due to the way they are designed
2. Tesla Peddle light door logo, they are top notch high quality and so easy to install, using a screw driver, a plastic knife and 5 minutes

Highly recommend on both

P.S: I have a sentry mode sticker for those of you in the AZ area, I already used one, but I think I am going to give away the rest (got three more), ping me
Also Pictures are not updating on this post, promise to share when the servers start to respond

Pictures as promised

Attachments

• EB201BE3-6E9A-4B46-93CA-F5F786A324FC.jpeg
    EB201BE3-6E9A-4B46-93CA-F5F786A324FC.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 83
  • F4297C43-4388-449F-AF91-B6D2C4D47B6E.jpeg
    F4297C43-4388-449F-AF91-B6D2C4D47B6E.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 68
  • C09E09EC-5BB4-4029-82AC-5D250EBF991B.jpeg
    C09E09EC-5BB4-4029-82AC-5D250EBF991B.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 8CA10E60-2E2A-4F67-BC9E-ACD98D469AD8.jpeg
    8CA10E60-2E2A-4F67-BC9E-ACD98D469AD8.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 63
Yes I’m sure it’s MYLR. We talked in detail what he ordered. Told me wanted 19 inch wheels. Smoother ride and also said he’s cheap but had to have black color paint.
Only thing I can think of is there do not seem to be a ton of black exterior paint orders so perhaps when they did their black run they had to find someone to match.

Reactions: jlsprcr
I am on my 168th day still w a march 11- march 31 EDD.
That sucks. I hope you get a better EDD. I find the most frustrating part of the process is the constant changes on EDD. IMHO they shouldn’t change it until they actually have a reasonable idea of the delivery, it looks more like a wild guess, rather than an estimate. But Eric is correct, once you get your car, this will be just a blur in the past. Try to take a break from it… an advice coming from a guy that refreshed his browser every hour for months. 😬

That sucks. I hope you get a better EDD. I find the most frustrating part of the process is the constant changes on EDD. IMHO they shouldn’t change it until they actually have a reasonable idea of the delivery, it looks more like a wild guess, rather than an estimate. But Eric is correct, once you get your car, this will be just a blur in the past. Try to take a break from it… an advice coming from a guy that refreshed his browser every hour for months. 😬
Those of us who have been forced to wait have definitely gotten better cars for less. I am still waiting and it's been so true. Who knows what March brings?

My car is actually in town! After a marathon to try to beat the snowstorm, I swapped the winter tires on the trade-in car (back to original rims), got the bank draft, got insurance and re-scheduled delivery for tomorrow. Boy I am tired! Just carrying the tires around is exhausting. But all set for tomorrow, yeah!

@LitePhoenix99 as it turns out, we will be picking up on the same day!!!
Congrats again In,
dont forget to Upload pictures

I'm happy to report:
  • VIN: 7SAYGDEE2NF36xxxx (not sure why not TYPING the full VIN as it will be on my windshield... but...)
  • AMD: Yes!!
  • Lithium 12v: Yes
  • Rear Double-Glass: Don't know, but I'm guessing no, since my contact at Tesla didn't confirm
  • Song of the day: Happy [From Despicable Me ] / Pharrell Williams
:)

Is there any way to verify if he/she got the 2170 or 4680? Location of production?

Ugh, I just got my VIN and says Fremont too.... not thrilled :(
congrats on the VIN.. i think you should be happy for the fremont build. The factory has been tuned to make good cars. Austin is stll in the preproduction phase.. Sure the cars from there will be the new ones, but the Quality Control from there will be a test of time. I understand the new changes and etc. but i think we still might be a month or 2 away from 4680 or Austin Built Cars... (dont quote me on it tho)

congrats on the VIN.. i think you should be happy for the fremont build. The factory has been tuned to make good cars. Austin is stll in the preproduction phase.. Sure the cars from there will be the new ones, but the Quality Control from there will be a test of time. I understand the new changes and etc. but i think we still might be a month or 2 away from 4680 or Austin Built Cars... (dont quote me on it tho)
to be fair, AMD power shines on streaming apps, and maybe an extra second on maps, but overall for everyday driving needs, Intel does the job, but yes if you do lots of streaming in the car, Intel is slow

Vin says location of production. 7SSAYGDEE2N (Fremont)36xxxx. Austin will have an A in the position of F.

No way of knowing if it has the new 4680 batteries, unless they annouce that cars in Austin will come with 4680 when they start delivering from there
Nobody is getting Austin or 4680s yet. I really doubt it will come as a surprise because the whole world will almost certainly know the minute they ship. NHTSA certification is needed first and I can't imagine we won't get an EM twitter announcement when that happens.

to be fair, AMD power shines on streaming apps, and maybe an extra second on maps, but overall for everyday driving needs, Intel does the job, but yes if you do lots of streaming in the car, Intel is slow
If he/she was to get a car RN it would be AMD nontheless, even from fremont. I think he/she wanted the Austin 4680 upgrade.
We already know how I felt about AMD lol

Last edited: