Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Tesla today and they asked if I was trading in a vehicle. My EDD is 3/23 to 4/6. No VIN yet. They told me that I would get a VIN in about a week but delivery would be early to mid April
Be careful, you could get your EDD pushed. I opted for a trade in quote and I got stuck in this EDD push loop. I would wait for a VIN before messing with a trade.

Guess I took the multiple credit hits I guess because I didn't do anything. I just didn't want to make any changes so as to not jinx it
You would have had to reapply each time it expired. Surprised an Expired finance offer has not pushed back your EDD, it had to others here, which is why it was suggested to set to cash. At least last year, before they changed it to be based on Order Date instead of Profile complete.

I've had mine set to third party loan since OD...I have asked three different SA's and they said to not make any changes and that my profile was complete.
That's bad info. You are getting multiple credit hits each time the financing expires and your profile goes to incomplete each time it expires. Changing to cash would help you because it's less risky for Tesla to sell to a cash buyer vs one financing, which would prioritize VIN assignment. It takes a few minutes and a phone call to get it switched back to financing after you get your VIN.

Reactions: BGOwner
What do you mean? This might have happened to me.
If you get a Trade in quote and you do not accept or click I don't wish to trade, your profile is opened up and you will get skipped over during VIN assignments. I learned that as in February I received the trade in quote and received the offer but never acted on it. My EDD kept getting pushed after hitting the EDD ranges, finally I got pushed to June - July. After declining the trade and calling Tesla, my EDD recalculated on Sunday to a more reasonable April range.

If you get a Trade in quote and you do not accept or click I don't wish to trade, your profile is opened up and you will get skipped over during VIN assignments. I learned that as in February I received the trade in quote and received the offer but never acted on it. My EDD kept getting pushed after hitting the EDD ranges, finally I got pushed to June - July. After declining the trade and calling Tesla, my EDD recalculated on Sunday to a more reasonable April range.
I received the trade quote and declined it immediately. The EDD changed during the process from when they initially texted me about it and when I declined.

Reactions: Otter2007
Good call sir. I was gonna try it to "just see how much I can get". But was going to go for carmax anyway. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Otter2007
Good call sir. I was gonna try it to "just see how much I can get". But was going to go for carmax anyway. Thanks for the advice!
Same! I am getting offered way more through Driveway.com and Shift.com. I liked the idea of the trade because in TX you pay sales tax on the sales price minus trade but after doing the math it still nets out more selling it somewhere else.

Had our EDD shift out to between May 3rd and 31st back on 2/21. Then suddenly got a VIN last Thursday (my wife and I had checked it multiple times that morning before we got the VIN and it was still the May dates). It was already at the delivery center, but we were out of town and had to line up everything on short notice, so just took delivery today. Dang this thing is nice.

Hope everyone else gets their delivery soon.

MYLR5, MSM, Gemini, Blk, tow, no FSD, OD 8/21

Had our EDD shift out to between May 3rd and 31st back on 2/21. Then suddenly got a VIN last Thursday (my wife and I had checked it multiple times that morning before we got the VIN and it was still the May dates). It was already at the delivery center, but we were out of town and had to line up everything on short notice, so just took delivery today. Dang this thing is nice.

Hope everyone else gets their delivery soon.

MYLR5, MSM, Gemini, Blk, tow, no FSD, OD 8/21
We have the exact same build, down to the tow, and makes me nervous that you are just getting yours now randomly 7 months after you ordered. I'm just about to join the 6 month club at the end of the month and you make me feel like I have another month to go before they make another one of our cars.

Good to hear it is nice. Enjoy it!!!!

We have the exact same build, down to the tow, and makes me nervous that you are just getting yours now randomly 7 months after you ordered. I'm just about to join the 6 month club at the end of the month and you make me feel like I have another month to go before they make another one of our cars.

Good to hear it is nice. Enjoy it!!!!
I'm at 227 days (7.5 months), prepare to power through month 6... sorta like hitting the 20-mile marker in a marathon... you've come so far and feel like you should be closer yet still can't quite see the finish line. I'm a 7-seater, with MSM and tow, for the black hole trifecta.