Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so update here. I just texted my SA who I have been bugging relentlessly and asked him why he is now claiming to see my car coming in the next 10 days while my account says May 1-29. He gave me a call and said that they actually do have different information on their end, they can see a "soft match" of cars that are about to be built and will most likely be matched to an order. My car is supposed to be built in the next day or two, and I should be receiving all of the automated texts within a week. I am very appreciative of him reaching out and letting me know (he could tell I was getting frustrated). Tesla really needs to be more upfront about the process and let people know this type of information earlier, I think it would help ease a lot of stress.

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
Texted SA yesterday and got the same bland bs answers. Two things struck me about response though. “We only have one factory producing all models.” And. “Global supply chain restraints”. Obviously the public has a misconception about Austin, which I think was planned by Tesla to sell more cars. And tesla is admitting more that they can’t get parts just like everyone else. My Edd slipped to July and I’m beyond frustrated now.

Texted SA yesterday and got the same bland bs answers. Two things struck me about response though. “We only have one factory producing all models.” And. “Global supply chain restraints”. Obviously the public has a misconception about Austin, which I think was planned by Tesla to sell more cars. And tesla is admitting more that they can’t get parts just like everyone else. My Edd slipped to July and I’m beyond frustrated now.
Sorry man.

Reactions: GBwaiting
Okay, so update here. I just texted my SA who I have been bugging relentlessly and asked him why he is now claiming to see my car coming in the next 10 days while my account says May 1-29. He gave me a call and said that they actually do have different information on their end, they can see a "soft match" of cars that are about to be built and will most likely be matched to an order. My car is supposed to be built in the next day or two, and I should be receiving all of the automated texts within a week. I am very appreciative of him reaching out and letting me know (he could tell I was getting frustrated). Tesla really needs to be more upfront about the process and let people know this type of information earlier, I think it would help ease a lot of stress.
I have had the same success. My EDD shows april 29- May 13. I called and they expect a match on May 2

What’s your OD? What configuration?
OD: 8/17, Profile completed on: 10/23 (was waiting on my title for trade in, didn't realize it was as important as it is) MYLR White exterior/Black interior Sts 5 W 19"| No Tow. Atlanta, GA.

Set to cash and deleted trade in after 2nd offer/credit recheck. Was at a april then may EDD for a while. Now at Aug 3 to Sep14. It's been there a week now. I've been waiting for a hopeful recalculation. Seems pretty pointless to call Tesla again. I don't have an assigned sales rep, but the 2 or 3 times I called the random person didn't seem to have any new insight.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense where the current EDD is sitting. Even if you factor in the Oct profile completion and the "vanilla" order for the car. I'd gladly change the color (I regret not getting white interior) or something if it'd help but I think it's more likely to push me back in queue than help.

EDD recalculated, out of TBD jail! I have a 9 day window now May 4th - May 13th!

EDIT:
Holy Crap! I just got a VIN. I was about to update my signature with my new EDD and then the app said my account was updating. Then went to my page and accepted Tesla Vision notice and BOOM a VIN!!! 🚀

VIN: 429
Boom! No FSD required!!! Congrats man, you made it to the end!!

Reactions: bob00
2nd day into 4wk EDD and... pushed to 2wk (my 4th) window in essentially the same range - this is good! Feels like progress
Observations...
- almost all of my EDD changes have happened btwn 8:30 - 9:30 EDT (not biased to any weekday(s))
- EDD push seems to happen randomly before entry or on day 2 after entry
...ie this one was predictable - feels like there's method to this squid-game
Looks like the machine's woken up - let's hope the momentum continues.

EDD recalculated, out of TBD jail! I have a 9 day window now May 4th - May 13th!

EDIT:
Holy Crap! I just got a VIN. I was about to update my signature with my new EDD and then the app said my account was updating. Then went to my page and accepted Tesla Vision notice and BOOM a VIN!!! 🚀

VIN: 429
Sweet! Great to see you laggards getting your cars, Finally! 🍻

Reactions: bob00