Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a VIN today - F447. I was shocked. After checking the app so many times and not seeing one to actually seeing one, it was a happy day.

To those of you who have received VINs lately, did you call to verify AMD, heated wipers, etc., or should we be confident they are included at this point?
I would be surprised if your car didn't come with all of those latest goodies.

Reactions: BGOwner
It finally happened, picked up yesterday! Everything looked pretty good, normal issues with panel gaps around the trunk but other than that was great. I did get mudflaps and side PPF for free which was nice.

Tesla Pickup.jpg

After it moving around a lot over the past year with specific date ranges, it has been stuck on "June 2022" for the past month or so. Seems like everyone here has date ranges and not just a month. Anybody else in the same boat?
I have been stuck on "June 2022" for at least two months, maybe more. Before that it was other months - Feb, March, April. Never once had a range of specific dates.

I think this may finally be happening! I got a couple of texts today from Tesla in regards to my registration, asking me for information and to email some documents needed to complete my registration. So guess car is actually at DC this time. For earlier 2 delivery appointments, only got a call to reschedule, no request for documentation.

Before anyone asked what documentation they need to send to Tesla, I am putting my car into a Trust, so supporting documentation was needed. I am sure normal registration does not require all the extra stuff I sent

View attachment 806530Delivery 11am Wednesday all went well but don’t expect much from dealer, essentially a service/delivery center. Car is great but not easy to drive 4 hours while trying to figure everything out. Ha.
Yeah, it's a learning experience. But once you get it, it's 2nd nature. Then, two months later, you try to shift your Tacoma with it's turn signal stalk...

Hey everyone! I ordered my MYLR Grey Exterior, white interior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid August 2021. I live in Iowa. My initial EDD was February 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing when my EDD was May 2022 in March 2022. Then just last week it changed to May 28-June 11. Then this morning, only 8 days out, changed to the furthest it has every been. 9/1-10/13. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in October, that will have been 14 months. Also, my loan offer is only good until July, will they honor it past that if they are the ones pushing it back? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey everyone! I ordered my MYLR Grey Exterior, white interior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid August 2021. I live in Iowa. My initial EDD was February 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing when my EDD was May 2022 in March 2022. Then just last week it changed to May 28-June 11. Then this morning, only 8 days out, changed to the furthest it has every been. 9/1-10/13. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in October, that will have been 14 months. Also, my loan offer is only good until July, will they honor it past that if they are the ones pushing it back? Any advice would be appreciated!
Make sure you don't have an outstanding Trade in offer. If so, set to no Trade in. Pending or unrenewed offers can push your EDD out. This is the same for Financing, but yours seems to have renewed. It is always suggested setting to Cash until you get a VIN then applying. If by chance you get as far as it expiring, set to Cash. Both Payment method and Trade in options can be reset by your SA once you get VIN. For me, trade in offer was reopened in about an hour after I texted them.

Have you called your local Delivery Center? Call them or use Tesla chat to see if they can give you any information. They normally say, we see the same thing and give no more info, but sometimes, you can get some info. If something is wrong, they may see it and let you know what needs to get resolved. for Tesla Chat, go to the order screen, click order now and then in the bottom left will be a Chat icon. You can contact them using that.

Make sure you don't have an outstanding Trade in offer. If so, set to no Trade in. Pending or unrenewed offers can push your EDD out. This is the same for Financing, but yours seems to have renewed. It is always suggested setting to Cash until you get a VIN then applying. If by chance you get as far as it expiring, set to Cash. Both Payment method and Trade in options can be reset by your SA once you get VIN.

This should be pinned across all sub-forums for everyone who is waiting on a Tesla order.

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
Hi there, first time poster but long time lurker. I have gained much valuable information from this forum and its time I contributed!!
Back in August I ordered a MYLR Blue/19"/Black/5 seat/Tow/NoFSD
I was assigned a VIN in late March, F393xxx, but had to decline delivery due to being out of the country for 3 weeks, so I put it on hold for a couple of weeks.
2 days ago on 5/18 I got a new VIN, F449xxx, and a delivery window of May 29-Jun 2. No final delivery date yet
Picking up in Colorado Springs, and I have a trade-in which I've had to update once when its 30 day window expired.
I purchased the "All weather protection kit" from Tesla and Tesla will install it for me when I pick up providing its not a Saturday. Other purchased accessories include floor mats and a screen protector
Thanks for all the great info over the past few months

Make sure you don't have an outstanding Trade in offer. If so, set to no Trade in. Pending or unrenewed offers can push your EDD out. This is the same for Financing, but yours seems to have renewed. It is always suggested setting to Cash until you get a VIN then applying. If by chance you get as far as it expiring, set to Cash. Both Payment method and Trade in options can be reset by your SA once you get VIN. For me, trade in offer was reopened in about an hour after I texted them.

Have you called your local Delivery Center? Call them or use Tesla chat to see if they can give you any information. They normally say, we see the same thing and give no more info, but sometimes, you can get some info. If something is wrong, they may see it and let you know what needs to get resolved. for Tesla Chat, go to the order screen, click order now and then in the bottom left will be a Chat icon. You can contact them using that.
I don't have an outstanding trade in offer. I only applied for financing once and I accepted it. I don't want to take it off because I like my terms and I don't want to risk them not being there later. I called Tesla Delivery and I have been chatting with my advisor. They did not give me anything. They said "We are seeing these delays across the board for customers. After talking to my delivery team they saw nothing specific regarding your delivery delays. Overall, these delays are due to the current global climate of supply shortages and increase demand for Teslas across the world. As the factory in Texas continues to improve and open up more, we should be seeing faster delivery timeframes. We will know for sure the closer we get to the middle of summer. ". I know they cant control a lot but they basically act as if this is expected. It shouldn't change based on if you chose cash or financing or anything else. Anyone have anybody else I could reach out to?

I don't have an outstanding trade in offer. I only applied for financing once and I accepted it. I don't want to take it off because I like my terms and I don't want to risk them not being there later. I called Tesla Delivery and I have been chatting with my advisor. They did not give me anything. They said "We are seeing these delays across the board for customers. After talking to my delivery team they saw nothing specific regarding your delivery delays. Overall, these delays are due to the current global climate of supply shortages and increase demand for Teslas across the world. As the factory in Texas continues to improve and open up more, we should be seeing faster delivery timeframes. We will know for sure the closer we get to the middle of summer. ". I know they cant control a lot but they basically act as if this is expected. It shouldn't change based on if you chose cash or financing or anything else. Anyone have anybody else I could reach out to?
Financing terms/approval is not good indefinitely, and since you applied for it back in March (I assume that's what you mean when you accepted it), it's likely the approval has lapsed. Others have reported it doesn't automatically renew and it has impacted their EDD because when it lapses their profile is no longer 'complete' hence the best practice suggestion to set it to cash until a VIN is assigned.

The SA info you posted has elements that are like true individually, but also isn't exactly true when all mushed together. Supply issues aren't going to get better when TX gets better because TX is adding capacity. There is a supply problem at the moment, they can't supply the capacity they already have online, as seen by cars shipping without charging port parts.

Reactions: Suns and Silence88
Financing terms/approval is not good indefinitely, and since you applied for it back in March (I assume that's what you mean when you accepted it), it's likely the approval has lapsed. Others have reported it doesn't automatically renew and it has impacted their EDD because when it lapses their profile is no longer 'complete' hence the best practice suggestion to set it to cash until a VIN is assigned.

The SA info you posted has elements that are like true individually, but also isn't exactly true when all mushed together. Supply issues aren't going to get better when TX gets better because TX is adding capacity. There is a supply problem at the moment, they can't supply the capacity they already have online, as seen by cars shipping without charging port parts.
I spoke to Tesla Delivery and they said that my offer is good until July 25th. So that doesn't make sense either. Everyone I have talked to says your profile looks good and we dont see any issues, let me dig more. Then they dont find anything and give me a generic response. I just don't know why, yesterday it was May 28th to June 11 and then over night jumps five months when I am ready for my car and I ordered in August of last year! I dont think there is an answer that makes sense.

I spoke to Tesla Delivery and they said that my offer is good until July 25th. So that doesn't make sense either. Everyone I have talked to says your profile looks good and we dont see any issues, let me dig more. Then they dont find anything and give me a generic response. I just don't know why, yesterday it was May 28th to June 11 and then over night jumps five months when I am ready for my car and I ordered in August of last year! I dont think there is an answer that makes sense.
I've resigned to basically not believing anything a Tesla employee says and dont think I'm the only one, which is a great long term business predicament for them, but I digress.

In that vain, if I was you I wouldn't believe financing from March will still be good 4 months later in July. Maybe they can explain that? Did you get an email that explains the terms of the financing back in March, like term, apr, etc? Should also have something like an end date for said terms.

I've resigned to basically not believing anything a Tesla employee says and dont think I'm the only one, which is a great long term business predicament for them, but I digress.

In that vain, if I was you I wouldn't believe financing from March will still be good 4 months later in July. Maybe they can explain that? Did you get an email that explains the terms of the financing back in March, like term, apr, etc? Should also have something like an end date for said terms.
I did not get any email about it. However, I have spoken to two different Tesla delivery agents and they both said July 25th. Which was surprising but they both said so. Also, if it had expired, wouldn't It be taken off of my account?

I did not get any email about it. However, I have spoken to two different Tesla delivery agents and they both said July 25th. Which was surprising but they both said so. Also, if it had expired, wouldn't It be taken off of my account?
I dunno. I didn't mess around with Tesla financing because when I ordered back on Aug 6th, the projected delivery date (Dec) was way past any industry standard for pre-approvals (30-60 days). I selected cash. I also anticipated using my regular bank/credit union whenever the time came to needing the loan... and I'm also still waiting for a VIN like you.

I dunno. I didn't mess around with Tesla financing because when I ordered back on Aug 6th, the projected delivery date (Dec) was way past any industry standard for pre-approvals (30-60 days). I selected cash. I also anticipated using my regular bank/credit union whenever the time came to needing the loan... and I'm also still waiting for a VIN like you.
I thought the same thing. However, the only thing I can think of is that if you accept the terms from Tesla themselves, that they give you longer because of the issues and it's from them and not someone else. I think that would put my offer at 120 days. I don't think that there is a solid, concrete reason why we do not have VINs.