Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Badges and Screen protectors arrived today.

The DUAL MOTOR and TESLA badges are solid i.e., I will need to remove the stocks ones first.

The T logo badges are actually covers with peel and stick adhesive on the back side. They do cover the edges as well though but will make the badges look bigger than OEM.

Will lay them on top and see how I feel about it before sticking them on.

Will lay them on top and see how I feel about it before sticking them on.
image.jpg
On my MY

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 14
Anyone bothering with jackpads? Or a spare wheel or a trolley jack for their garage in case of emergency etc

I already purchased the Tesla store tire repair kit with the goo so hoping this will get me by in case of puncture can fill up and drive to local tyre shop
i've got the pads and a trolley jack (which i've had for years) and do my own wheel rotation on our Model Y. Will do the same on the highland.

Reactions: dronus
nice, thanks for sharing. I'll probably add them and swap out later once a find a seller who actually sells the entire badge in matte black. I can see my OCD being triggered by the rounded edges but it still looks good.

So are you going to replace the rear letters?
I would love black letters on mine, but not very comfortable with the idea of replacing existing. I was hoping there would be stickons available for the rear but can't find anything.

Ti

Tinting looks Sweet! and the wheels without the aero covers are awesome. Where did you get the caps from?
Cheers. From Ali Express, they are not really for the "Highland" model, and I didn't think they would fit, but they do. The link to what i ordered is dead now, but they have plenty of them on there. Just search for wheel centre caps.

I will buy something better when something built for the Highland comes along, I do worry these will not stay in place long. They are not secured in very well tbh. An official Tesla one comes and I will buy immediately.

So are you going to replace the rear letters?
I would love black letters on mine, but not very comfortable with the idea of replacing existing. I was hoping there would be stickons available for the rear but can't find anything.
Yes I am. I received those today and they're the solid ones so the old ones must come off first.

They're set inside a thin sheet of foam/mouse pad material and assuming (hoping) they're spaced the same as OEM.

Step 1 - blue tape bordering around the existing letters to frame them up
Step 2 - hairdryer and fishing line to remove OWM badges
Step 3 - wipe off any sticky residue
Step 4 - Stick on the new letters.

If the spacing is different then I will add more (vertical) blue tape to identify the correct spacing then stick each letter on their own.

Reactions: Murphster
Looks nice man! what type of tint you get and price if you don't mind me asking.

Trying to find a good reasonable price tint place in around North-Western Sydney
We got our model Y LR done at Everclear Window Tinting at Castle Hill and we’re very happy with the service. I think they were about average with the pricing based on quotes. We got the highest heat reduction level and fronts to the legal max as well. We will take the Highland there when it arrives.

Reactions: Mes1
We got our model Y LR done at Everclear Window Tinting at Castle Hill and we’re very happy with the service. I think they were about average with the pricing based on quotes. We got the highest heat reduction level and fronts to the legal max as well. We will take the Highland there when it arrives.

Nice will give them a ring soon, thanks

Was it same day service, or did you leave it with them overnight?

I'm getting tints a ceramic coating through (I think) MotorOne as part of NL.

Reactions: Murphster
Yes I am. I received those today and they're the solid ones so the old ones must come off first.

They're set inside a thin sheet of foam/mouse pad material and assuming (hoping) they're spaced the same as OEM.

Step 1 - blue tape bordering around the existing letters to frame them up
Step 2 - hairdryer and fishing line to remove OWM badges
Step 3 - wipe off any sticky residue
Step 4 - Stick on the new letters.

If the spacing is different then I will add more (vertical) blue tape to identify the correct spacing then stick each letter on their own.
Can you please report on how you get on? I am very tempted. Cheers.

Reactions: edy80y
Ok I enquired with Everclear, not bad pricing, seems normal across board with everyone else.

Buttt they advised the following, which I found strange as many places tint rear of tesla? Not talking about already tinted sunroof part, but the rear un-tinted window

"You may be aware there is a couple of well documented issues with tinting the rear screen on the Model 3. the extra head absorption caused by the film is known to cause the demisters to fall off, and in extreme cases the window itself can break. For that reason below tinting pricing is based on the side windows only, which our customers generally find sufficient. "
Think this would look silly tinting all around the car and leaving the rear window space un-tinted...

Basic Level: Ceramic - 54% heat reduction - $385 Inc GST
Mid-Range: Performance Ceramic
- 78% heat reduction - $475 Inc GST
Top-Range: Platinum Ceramic -
95% heat reduction - $695 Inc GST

Ok I enquired with Everclear, not bad pricing, seems normal across board with everyone else.

Buttt they advised the following, which I found strange as many places tint rear of tesla? Not talking about already tinted sunroof part, but the rear un-tinted window

"You may be aware there is a couple of well documented issues with tinting the rear screen on the Model 3. the extra head absorption caused by the film is known to cause the demisters to fall off, and in extreme cases the window itself can break. For that reason below tinting pricing is based on the side windows only, which our customers generally find sufficient. "
Think this would look silly tinting all around the car and leaving the rear window space un-tinted...

Basic Level: Ceramic - 54% heat reduction - $385 Inc GST
Mid-Range: Performance Ceramic
- 78% heat reduction - $475 Inc GST
Top-Range: Platinum Ceramic -
95% heat reduction - $695 Inc GST
Yeah I'm only getting the sides done. not interested in any of the glass roof panels

Yeah I'm only getting the sides done. not interested in any of the glass roof panels

But the roof is dark, all around the side and rear is dark, doesn't it look odd having an empty space of non tinted visible glass in the rear considering all around it is tinted, would have thought they would figure a way to tint the back windows by now