Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I am. I received those today and they're the solid ones so the old ones must come off first.

They're set inside a thin sheet of foam/mouse pad material and assuming (hoping) they're spaced the same as OEM.

Step 1 - blue tape bordering around the existing letters to frame them up
Step 2 - hairdryer and fishing line to remove OWM badges
Step 3 - wipe off any sticky residue
Step 4 - Stick on the new letters.

If the spacing is different then I will add more (vertical) blue tape to identify the correct spacing then stick each letter on their own.

The other option is to use plastidip, pretty easy to do

I thought about plastidip but waiting for someone else on here to try it first and let us know after 1 year on how it looks in terms of peeling etc
My mate Kelvin has had his on his MY for over a year now. No issues with a peeling.
He also has a kodiaq and applied plastidip, over 4 years now and still original coat. No problems at all. If it peels it usually means when applying you haven't used enough coats or there was dirt. And he uses a pressure washer to wash his car.

Last edited:
Reactions: edy80y
What's the benefit in the Evie card?

I thought they just take payment through the app anyway?
The card still charges you through your Evie account, it's just an alternative to pressing the "start" button in the app. People like it in case of bad mobile reception, but I've had Evie and Chargefox cards for over 4 years now and never needed to pull them out.

You can add the Evie RFID card to other apps as well, like Chargefox and Exploren. It's just an identifier tied to your account.

Obviously designed for the northern hemisphere being upside down but i wonder if these would wedge in the m3h vent?

IMG_8327.jpeg

Obviously designed for the northern hemisphere being upside down but i wonder if these would wedge in the m3h vent?

View attachment 1007863

I am waiting for something like this that's advertised as 'Highland'.

I started out thinking that one of the 6.8" screens would be good (the ones that sit on top of the steering column) - but when I thought about it, I decided that there's a lot of stuff you don't need to see in an EV (or that is just not relevant): RPM, engine temp, oil pressure, etc. All you REALLY need is speed, indicators and 'gear'. One of this little displays will be enough.

Now just waiting for one that's confirmed suited to Highland. Can't be far off.

Reactions: dronus