Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Houston, we have a problem. While installing frunk soft closure thing I wired the power to it and then I was away for a minute my kid closed the frunk. Now it is showing as open in the app, but actually closed and I am not sure how to open it. Any ideas?
So the wiring from the OEM latch is disconnected, the suction device pulled closed and you can't release the OEM lock to open? Ouch...

Reactions: dronus
Technically it’s an accessory, so…
Has anyone managed to get their phone key to upgrade to UWB? I got the software update to the car today and updated the app and NOTHING. No prompt to upgrade the key? (I have the right phone for it too).
Wondered if anyone else was having issue?
I had a prompt to upgrade my key while walking around officeworks.

Location is irrelevant but included it as my location in Victoria have me the other update haha.

Make sure your tesla app is up to date by manually searching for and selecting it in the app store

Mine now say UWB or i can change it back to bluetooth

Last edited:
Has anyone bought a cheap 22kw type2 cable from Ali express? Any feedback on the quality and a link?

Looking to purchase one for the rare times I need it and don’t want to spend much on it
Have a look at Amazon if you use them, I picked up a decent one to keep in the boot if needed. Bit more reliable than Aliexpress and easy to return if need be.

edit - Also purchased a tyre repair kit and the jacking pucks for a reasonable price. All seem decent quality.

Has anyone bought a cheap 22kw type2 cable from Ali express? Any feedback on the quality and a link?

Looking to purchase one for the rare times I need it and don’t want to spend much on it
I looked but decided that my car is worth more than the $50 id save if the cheap one cords or shorts out, damaging something.

I had the same question and was convinced here that buying local imported from China is better than just imported from China. I agree with it, because there is a resistor, which may be soldered in many different ways so it breaks off. Here is a video:

Many vendors in ebay 22kw 3-phase type2 to type2 cable ~ $130 delivered. Good quality cable with a cheap carry bag makes it neatly organized.