Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which one do you guys recommend ?
Tesla Offer

Upvote 0
Anyone local in So Cal? Got a quote from smart Tesla for parts and installation, need 2 additional buyers to get this pricing plus installation.

Price right now for smart Tesla is 420, installation plus mirrors is competitive enough versus DIY (rather spend the 2 hours doing something else), takes about 1.5 hours and location is Fontana. Let me know and let’s schedule the buy!

Upvote 0
Any issues with alignment on yours? Going to be ordering In a few deals and trying to educate myself.
I used painter's tape to mark the position of the latch/bolts. Used this on mine and friends Tesla Offer (now EVOffer) DiY install - hood alignment was on the spot.

By the way - the hardest part was installing the struts especially (not possible) if you have big arms.

Upvote 0
Anyone local in So Cal? Got a quote from smart Tesla for parts and installation, need 2 additional buyers to get this pricing plus installation.

Price right now for smart Tesla is 420, installation plus mirrors is competitive enough versus DIY (rather spend the 2 hours doing something else), takes about 1.5 hours and location is Fontana. Let me know and let’s schedule the buy!
Interested, shoot me a PM with details

Upvote 0
I used painter's tape to mark the position of the latch/bolts. Used this on mine and friends Tesla Offer (now EVOffer) DiY install - hood alignment was on the spot.

By the way - the hardest part was installing the struts especially (not possible) if you have big arms.

I talked with the guy I purchased my Gemini wheels from about his frunk opening, and he said the same thing about needing small hands... luckily my wife has tinny hands :)

Keith

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Upvote 0
Agreed. So expensive.

But now I use my frunk every day whereas before I rarely used it due to the need for lifting and closing it. Frunk gets the smelly messy stuff, rear sub trunk gets the loose or small items, and the main trunk gets the big items. I love the FRUNK now!
I'll second that. Expensive, but we never used the frunk before adding the Tesla Offer power frunk. You definitely need small hands. I still have bruises on my forearms 2 weeks later from reaching in to pop on the new struts.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
Upvote 0
This is one of the final (lol) parts i need to complete my car. Just expensive and I’m unsure about the DIY install. I have watched a vid and it doesnt seem TOO bad, but im probably the least DIY person on the forums

I dont want to use the frunk much now because of the handprints left by closing it

Upvote 0