Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Pilot hugging outside edge of curves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if anyone here has similar issues with autopilot behavior and what, if any, adjustments can be made to minimize this behavior.

My Car is a 2014 Model S with AP HW 1. It's obviously not the latest and greatest, but I observed on my first road trip that the AP tends to hug the outer edge of the lane on curves. This is especially uncomfortable on windy mountain highways where there is little room for error or time to recover if the lane border is breached.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

I've had fun testing the AP1 on my 2015 S85D on windy mountain and river roads with my hands and attention FIRMLY on the controls.
I have noticed the same issue and have had the car cross the line a time or two. Especially bad when the road curves and drops at the same time and the lines on the road drop out of view. Fun to play with if there's no traffic around, but I'd not rely on it on the windy mountain roads that are so perfect for this car. :cool: