Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Unlock Issues with 12.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since update 12.11 on Saturday MY won't unlock unless my paired iPhone 8 (and my wife’s iPhone X) is out of my pocket, awake AND the Tesla app is open. Prior to this the phones could be in our pocket and asleep and it unlocked 100% of the time. Is anyone else having this issue?
LR/AWD/FSD/20” wheels/Blue&Black

Sorry to hear that. I was wondering if you have selected beta tester option (I don't recall the exact name) in your MCU?

And, when did you receive the update? I'm kinda surprised their software QA process at this moment.
Yes I opted to be in the beta group. Not sure of the term either... might be “Advanced” when I set up our software profiles. I got 12.10 around two weeks ago and less than a week later on Friday night 4/24/2020 received a notice about 12.11 which I loaded Saturday 4/25/2020. I’ve read other threads from M3 owners dating back to last year that things like this happen when there’s a software update. Gotta love Tesla (or be frustrated with them all at the same time). BTW, I just took delivery on 3/31/2020 and only have 750 miles on it. No other issues.

Reactions: firerock
Totally normal with my phone (Android Nokia 7.1) the whole time we've had our 3. I usually have to take it out of my pocket, though usually don't have to turn it on. A shake (or a wait?) seems to help too. I think that's more of a phone problem, saving power by shutting down apps. Try a phone reset and try deleting and adding it as a key again, but that may not help. My wife's iPhones seem to work nearly perfectly.

Totally normal with my phone (Android Nokia 7.1) the whole time we've had our 3. I usually have to take it out of my pocket, though usually don't have to turn it on. A shake (or a wait?) seems to help too. I think that's more of a phone problem, saving power by shutting down apps. Try a phone reset and try deleting and adding it as a key again, but that may not help. My wife's iPhones seem to work nearly perfectly.
Thanks for the advice I’ll try both tomorrow.