Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automated driving journal for mileage tax deductions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla have some sort of built in data dump where I can download a record of all trips? My Volvo records the following, which I am hoping Tesla does too:
1. Category (business, personal, etc...
2. Started - time and dated
3. Start odometer
4. Start address
5. Stopped - time and date
6. End odometer
7. End address
8. Duration
9. Distance
10. Fuel consumption
11. Title
12. User Notes

I love this, because I can just go on my Volvo phone app every quarter and download this information vs having some 3rd party app I need to constantly work with for each trip.

Thanks. I appreciate the 3rd party options, but not interested in them. I like the convenience of it built into the car and its own app... being recorded and available for download at my convenience. It surprises me that Tesla doesn't have this. Hoping it's hidden somewhere and people just don't know about it.

Interesting. Not what I was expecting from your note. I thought it was something where you would hook up a phone or USB and download the data. I've seen a similar feature in a number of cars (including my wife's Kia Sedona)...interface via a website that pulls navdata from the car's trips.

Obviously a number of the Tesla apps also do this (and I believe several ultimately put the data into an Excel/CSV format so that you can manipulate it however you want. There are a also a number of ODB-connector devices that do this function, but I personally find just using a good iphone mileage-tracker app to be more useful for me.

Thanks for the pointer!

Much easier than hooking up a cable. I've included some screenshots Screenshot_20170113-115930.png Screenshot_20170113-115906.png Screenshot_20170113-115909.png Screenshot_20170113-115838.png that will give you some visuals as to how the Volvo app functions.