Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Navigation not working in morning (home to work)

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
I've had Automatic Navigation set up since getting car in June. It worked up until a week ago. In the morning, Automatic Navigation doesn't show directions from home to work (so I can use FSD), but it shows in the afternoon (work to home).
I always leave for work at the same time, Monday - Friday.
I tried disabling Automatic Navigation (Controls > Navigation > Automatic Navigation) and then re-enabling, and also tried the two button screen reset, to no avail.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Spuzzz

Apr 20, 2016
Columbus, OH
just confirmed mine is still working ok. I guess one thing to try is this….when you’re at home, ready to start your work commute, click and hold the NAVIGATE button and drag it straight down to about the bottom of the map. This should set your navigation to work. If that does not work, you may need to clear your work location and re establish that. Unfortunately it’s been so long since I’ve done that, I don’t remember how to do that, maybe it’s fresher in your mind since yours is newer

Reactions: haroldo

Spuzzz

Apr 20, 2016
Columbus, OH
Thanks. Didn’t work. Any other ideas?
Maybe this is one of those bugs that get fixed with updates
Could be. I’ve had little bugs like that come and go without announcement or explanation. What version u on? I’m on 2021.12.25.7. Did the drag-down on the navigate button set your destination for WORK?

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
Model 3 (June 2021)
Yes, it set Work by dragging down
I also tried deleting and typing in address...turning off the Automatic Navigation, and back on again...and rebooting monitor

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC