Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Satellite imagery not following light / dark mode w/2023.40.33.8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've experienced this a couple times since moving to 2023.40.33.8. Wondering if anyone else has run into it.

I have the satellite imagry enabled. At night time, the Tesla would automatically disable this (for better dark viewing I assume). In the morning I'd find the satellite imagery enabled again.

Since 2023.40.33.8 I've experienced the following:

1. At first drive in the AM, the satellite imagery is disabled (just roads). This has happened 2 or 3 times.
2. Getting in the car after dark, satellite imagery was still enabled. This has happened once.

Of course it's easy to fix, just press the globe-like button. But it used to work automatically and now it's inconsistent.

Anyone see this or have thoughts about the behavior?

I noticed this a few weeks ago as well. Has only happened to me once, so far as I can remember - satellite imagery still showing at night. I manually switched over to regular maps. Next time I drove, in daylight, satellite maps were correctly back without my having to do anything. Haven't seen this issue again since, though in fairness I haven't driven in the dark often lately, either.

Reactions: altanev