TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Automotive Linux + Open Source Summit Japan

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Brando, May 31, 2018.

1. Brando

Brando Active Member

Open Source Summit Japan + Automotive Linux Summit Speakers and Agenda Announced - Automotive Grade Linux

I always try to encourage other to read original information for themselves. Minimize reliance on other views.
    As Elon say back to basic principals - which isn't so obvious when it comes to business and other human affairs.

So go read about it. Happy to give my slanted opinions when asked - sometime even when I'm not asked, as you probably noticed. It would be great if some of the Linux programmer's would share info to us outsiders. I know, tricky.

2. Brando

Brando Active Member

3. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

Session highlights for Automotive Linux Summit:
    • AGL Development Tools – What’s New in FF? – Stephane Desneux, IoT.bzh
    • High-level API for Smartphone Connectivity on AGL – Takeshi Kanemoto, RealVNC Ltd.
    • Beyond the AGL Virtualization Architecture – AGL Virtualization Expert Group (EG-VIRT) – Michele Paolino, Virtual Open Systems

Please tell me this is about something other than using a smartphone in the car.

• Love x 1
  4. Brando

Brando Active Member

thanks for your thoughts - I know a lot to review - check out the 2nd posting of Vehicle Software Symposium too.

found this post #1567 - 3 links of Tesla using Linux - think you'll find interesting.
    Comprehensive USB Bug List

I didn't want to just copy and paste - this is the best I could figure out. look for #1567

5. Brando

Brando Active Member

#5 Brando, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    OPEN SOURCE - hope you find interesting
    Aalto Talk with Linus Torvalds
    (Nvidia mentioned by Linus - insight to Tesla/Elon dropping Nvidia? perhaps not)

www.aalto.fi/en
    Aalto University, Finland is a new multidisciplinary science and art community in the fields of science, economics, and art and design.

Bio:
    Linus Torvalds