Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot assistance and safety features temporarily disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gotten the Autopilot Safety and Assistance Features temporatily disabled message several times in the last few weeks. The curious thing is that if I engage Nav on Autopiliot it works fine. Any idea what's going on. Anyone else seeing this message. I'm assuming that it's a software bug that was introduced in a recent update but I wonder if it might be something else.

I've gotten the Autopilot Safety and Assistance Features temporatily disabled message several times in the last few weeks. The curious thing is that if I engage Nav on Autopiliot it works fine. Any idea what's going on. Anyone else seeing this message. I'm assuming that it's a software bug that was introduced in a recent update but I wonder if it might be something else.
I was put into autopilot jail on Friday (seemed harsh to me). Since then autopilot have been unavailable as has traction control, regen breaking, stability control. I have rebooted, changed wheel config etc to get the Autopilot to come back on but to no avail. Service centre appointment on Friday. Until then it is like driving a menacing brick.

Had a loaner older model S recently that did that. Drove to a store and came out after and it said autopilot safety features disabled (had just used them a little on city roads coming to store.) Tried to turn off and on in parking lot and no change. Worked again a day or so later.