Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Braking and Acceleratoon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hoping I’m doing something wrong and someone can offer me some advice. The braking and acceleration is so abrupt on both my model S or model x refresh.

Is there a setting I should adjust so that it doesn’t brake to aggressive or accelerate aggressively?

It's a known problem. You can try Chill mode or reduce set speed but it won't help much. Excess decel/accel frequently happens on roadways with speeds >=45mph and traffic lights. It doesn't solve everything but I disable or don't enable AP/FSDb prior to approaching traffic lights, stop signs, sharp turns, heavy traffic, turning into/out of my neighborhood, ...

It's a known problem. You can try Chill mode or reduce set speed but it won't help much. Excess decel/accel frequently happens on roadways with speeds >=45mph and traffic lights. It doesn't solve everything but I disable or don't enable AP/FSDb prior to approaching traffic lights, stop signs, sharp turns, heavy traffic, turning into/out of my neighborhood, ...
Meaning expect a jarring ride in nearly all conditions I want to use it. 😝