Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Autopilot Cameras Unavailable"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else seen that alert message? It popped up partway on my drive to pick up lunch today. Interestingly, I was still seeing lane lines, traffic lights, and surrounding vehicles on the MFD, and Autopilot was still working when I tested it, though auto-lane-change was not.

It came back on the next drive, too.

If this is persisting, I'd like to know if anyone else has seen this before, and if there is a self-serve solution, or am I going to have to get in line for a service center visit?

I don't know if I've seen that exact thing, but I've started getting messages to the effect of "<X> camera blocked or obscured".

This usually happens when the sun is shining directly at the camera (so possibly not a concern at lunch time, unless you eat lunch really early in the AM!)

I would also suggest making sure the cameras are all clean, and maybe doing a reboot.

I've seen the "obscured/obstructed" (e. g. "Left door pillar camera is obstructed") messages before, this is different. This message seemed to imply that the car is having trouble talking to the cameras; the full message I'm seeing now is: "! Autopilot cameras unavailable - Features may be restored on next drive"

I've seen the "obscured/obstructed" (e. g. "Left door pillar camera is obstructed") messages before, this is different. This message seemed to imply that the car is having trouble talking to the cameras; the full message I'm seeing now is: "! Autopilot cameras unavailable - Features may be restored on next drive"

Yep. Mysterious. IIRC, my message was even more vague, something about "Not working now, maybe later" o_O