Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot issue: Front radar becoming unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MTLU

Jul 24, 2023
Fremont
Has anyone else experienced issues with their car's front radar becoming unavailable for a few minutes after engaging the autopilot feature? I've been experiencing this problem consistently since last week. Additionally, I've noticed that on my screen, the cars in front of me seem to move around most of the time. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to address this issue?

Additionally, I've noticed that on my screen, the cars in front of me seem to move around most of the time. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to address this issue?

There is nothing you can do to change anything with the display of cars on the autopilot screen. There is a possibility you have a hardware issue with your cameras that might be causing what you are seeing, but I will also tell you that the display is mostly visual for you. The cars used to slide around on there like they were on rollerskates and it didnt change autopilot functionality at all.

Thank you for your response. However, the issue is not just with my screen. My autopilot (Autosteer) is not working at all, and a warning sign appears after a minute or two, indicating that my front radar is unavailable.

Thank you for your response. However, the issue is not just with my screen. My autopilot (Autosteer) is not working at all, and a warning sign appears after a minute or two, indicating that my front radar is unavailable.

I wasnt discussing that. I was answering the second part of your question, which was as I quoted it:

Additionally, I've noticed that on my screen, the cars in front of me seem to move around most of the time. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to address this issue?

There is nothing you can do to address that. There is a possibility you have a hardware issue that is causing it, but there is nothing you as the owner can do to address that other than submitting a service request describing the issue of the error messages on the screen. If you enter a service request, I would recommend not mentioning anything at all about the cars moving around on your screen.

Which year is your Model 3?
Did you recently visited a Tesla service center?

I just wonder if your radar might have been removed or disconnected, as it had been the case for Model S:

screenshot-2023-04-28-at-6-25-38-am-jpg.932620