Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Cannot Make Highway Exit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had tried several times with and without navigation. All exits I tried are on the right and have no dedicated lane for exit, I used the blinker to guide M3 to the right lane. When the solid line became dotted line, I turn on the right blinker, but M3 kept moving forward and did not make the turn, even the navigation reminded my to take highway exit. Have I done anything wrong?

I had tried several times with and without navigation. All exits I tried are on the right and have no dedicated lane for exit, I used the blinker to guide M3 to the right lane. When the solid line became dotted line, I turn on the right blinker, but M3 kept moving forward and did not make the turn, even the navigation reminded my to take highway exit. Have I done anything wrong?
it doesn't work like that.
Using the blinker is for lane changes, not exits.
The only way it will exit for you is with Navigate On Autopilot and the nav directs the exit, but then you'll get whatever indication you have chosen in the NOA options. That also assumes that the exit is the one for you to follow your programmed route.
There is no option to just decide to choose this particular exit.
Check out page 78 in the manual for NOA

it doesn't work like that.
Using the blinker is for lane changes, not exits.
The only way it will exit for you is with Navigate On Autopilot and the nav directs the exit, but then you'll get whatever indication you have chosen in the NOA options. That also assumes that the exit is the one for you to follow your programmed route.
There is no option to just decide to choose this particular exit.
Check out page 78 in the manual for NOA
I did let it decide but it kept driving forward, even nav system reminded me to take exit.

I did let it decide but it kept driving forward, even nav system reminded me to take exit.
It is only Navigate On Autopilot
Using the navigation is just to tell you where to turn, NOA is a separate option.
Look on the page in the manual I gave you to see the option.
like @SoManyM3s said, you have to have either Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self Drive for it to work.
In the newer cars Autopilot is just lane keeping, Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) etc. NOA, summon etc is now in FSD.

This MUST be selected and solid BLUE. It is off in my pic.

IMG_0640.jpg