Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot/Cruise didn't work... then it did.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove up to Atlantic City from Baltimore Sunday. Car drove great. Left it in the parking garage. Went to leave today. Put in nav to home. It didn't come up and ask if I wanted navigate on autopilot like I had gotten used to. I didn't think about it because we've only had the update a couple days. Got onto the main road and it wouldn't go into cruise control. It was rainy, overcast... wet. Thought maybe a camera was covered water. It wouldn't go into autopilot or cruise. Drove 100 miles to the supercharger, checking every now and then. Wasn't raining the whole time. Rebooted the system at the charger. Still nothing the whole way home. Dried up. No rain. Should have been good. Got home, put it in the garage. Charged it. Decided to check it again. Rebooted again, and then took it out for a drive in the neighborhood and it went into autopilot. I have no idea, but am now scared there's some intermittent problem that will just plague us all of the time. This car is great and all, but not even being able to go into cruise control randomly would suck.

We set up an appointment at the service center, but it's not available until after the car will be making a 1500 mile road trip.

Any thoughts on something I'm missing. We're new owners. We've only had the car a month, and only 42.2 for a week... and half of that it sat in a garage.

Model S 100D. Paid for autopilot and FSD. Had worked well up to this point.

Thanks,
Chris

Several threads on this in main forum...
Thanks. I looked around, but didn't see anything specific. Granted, i was tired and not looking through long threads on 42.x sw versions. Will keep looking. Not sure what the "main forum" is. Is that the model S main forum, or is there a TMC main forum I'm missing? Sorry, for some reason I don't think TMC and me agree on how things should be organized :)

Thanks,
Chris