Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot/cruise only works for a few seconds when car turns on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, my 2015 tesla 85D has had autopilot and cruise control issues ever since I got it, now it only turns on for a second when I start the car every now and then, otherwise it just doesn’t even show the possibility of it working. I do have a parking sensor error, as one of the sensors are out of place, but even when it was in place the issue with cc and autopilot would be present. Radar works when I first turn the car on as well as I can see the cars on the screen, then it immediately shuts off again. Lines show on the screen for staying in the lane like normal, but no assistance features at all. Any ideas?

I'd probably start by troubleshooting the front radar. That's required for both TACC and autopilot to work. The fact you still see the lane markings and other vehicles around you on the instrument panel display suggests that the MobileEye vision system is still working. Given you also commented about one of the front ultrasonic sensors also showing an error suggests that potentially more has been knocked around under the front of the car than you realize.

Upvote 0