Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking assist unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a question about “parking assist unavailable “ in a 2015 tesla 85D. It results in me not being able to use autopilot, yet it appears “all” sensors work when cars pass by on the road, so why would this alert be in place anyways? To note, sometimes they work and autopilot shows cars around me and has no errors, however more often, the car seems so show when I first start the car that the errors are there there, as well as all autopilot graphics shut off and I have no parking sensor assist or anything related to it. Any clues by chance?

Have you been able to fix it or figure it out? Had a similar problem on December last year (2022) and it was a bad sensor cable. It is very easy to see if you have any “bad sensor”. When your car is displaying the error just try to listen the cars sensors in an isolated area with no noise and you must be able to hear a very low clicking sound. For me it was the left front sensor cable but listen to all and see if it’s that and let me know if I was helpful. Sorry for any errors but I’m Portuguese.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpeg
    IMG_1658.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1647.jpeg
    IMG_1647.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1649.jpeg
    IMG_1649.jpeg