Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot features on NON-autopilot cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not get autopilot when I bought my Tesla. But I still have autopilot menu on the Car settings which include Lane change alerts.

I do not feel anything happening though when I change lanes.

My wife 's honda clarity would shake the steering wheel when. U change lanes with its "lane keep assist" feature.

Also the auto stop collision feature is there but I really don't know how to test that is working either.

The steering wheel has a slight vibration with lane assist, which I had to turn off. I've found it to be way too sensitive when I don't use turn signals on empty roads.

I've never fully tested the auto stop either, but it does beep when your approach to a stopped car is faster than the computer would like.

The steering wheel has a slight vibration with lane assist, which I had to turn off. I've found it to be way too sensitive when I don't use turn signals on empty roads.

I've never fully tested the auto stop either, but it does beep when your approach to a stopped car is faster than the computer would like.

I feel a little vibration though I feel like it needs to be stronger to really alert the driver you are swerving.

The following safety features are included with every car (and not part of auto-pilot):

Automatic Emergency Braking
Side Collision Warning
Front Collision Warning
Auto High Beams

In addition to vibrating, Lane Assist may also provide "steering intervention" if it feels you are drifting into an object. I am not sure if this is for all cars or just with autopilot (it is listed under autopilot but so is Collision Avoidance Assist). I would not recommend fully testing this one either.

Reactions: APotatoGod