Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my Model 3 LR RWD on 24 Apr and have had the opportunity to use the autopilot a bit, as I do a fair amount of highway driving in my commute. A couple observations and questions.

First off, at this point, I am not overly confident in the cars ability. I was in an HOV lane with nobody in front of me, doing highway speed, and someone following me. Car was in autosteer (autopilot) and decided to hard brake. I got on the accelerator quickly so I wouldn't get rear ended, but still have no idea what triggered that braking action. That shattered my confidence and trust. There have been a few other instances where the car brakes unexpectedly and hard, so I need to pick and choose when I use it. Stop and go traffic is excellent...hit the autopilot and enjoy the tunes while I ignore the traffic (well, not really, but you get the point).

I've received 2 software updates that say auto-lane change has been activated in beta mode. I've tried several times to trigger a lane change, but it doesn't work. Is it not really available in Canada yet, or am I just doing something wrong?

This car is amazing!!!!!!!

Received my Model 3 LR RWD on 24 Apr and have had the opportunity to use the autopilot a bit, as I do a fair amount of highway driving in my commute. A couple observations and questions.

First off, at this point, I am not overly confident in the cars ability. I was in an HOV lane with nobody in front of me, doing highway speed, and someone following me. Car was in autosteer (autopilot) and decided to hard brake. I got on the accelerator quickly so I wouldn't get rear ended, but still have no idea what triggered that braking action. That shattered my confidence and trust. There have been a few other instances where the car brakes unexpectedly and hard, so I need to pick and choose when I use it. Stop and go traffic is excellent...hit the autopilot and enjoy the tunes while I ignore the traffic (well, not really, but you get the point).

I've received 2 software updates that say auto-lane change has been activated in beta mode. I've tried several times to trigger a lane change, but it doesn't work. Is it not really available in Canada yet, or am I just doing something wrong?

This car is amazing!!!!!!!
Phantom braking is still a problem. I will see how it goes tomorrow on my usual trip with 12.1.1. Haven’t driven anywhere today where I can use AP.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7