Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot on 2020.20.12 is it worse or better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just drove my car after getting this new update and on back roads it seems to be hugging the center lane and sometimes riding on top of it more frequently. I also noticed it was constantly doing sudden slow downs at every curve another car was coming from in the opposite direction. Anyone else have a different story, maybe it's better for some.

I also had the feeling it took a turn for the worse. Yesterday while still on 2020.16.3 I drove a rather narrow country road at parts with no markings and lines at all. Yesterday it was absolutely perfect I was blown away even with the missing lane markings. Also a very tight turn on that route was perfect.

Today after the update to 2020.20.12 I drove the exact same route. Most prominently at the part without lane markings my M3 was sometimes swerving towards the center at times even across into the oncoming line. And I was even trailing a car in front of me that my M3 could follow. When that happened the lines on the display started jumping around as well. There were no oncoming traffic so not sure if it would do that if there was. I mean this was not really anything the car has never done before in earlier versions on unmarked roads but the fact that is annoying is that it managed the same stretch of road just perfectly on the earlier software.

Also in that one very tight turn it took perfectly the day before today it went onto the middle lane on exiting the turn which would not have been great if there was oncoming traffic.

Also I noticed (but that was also before) that it goes into a turn and takes it quite well but then once it is actually thru it slows down as it wants to collect itself somehow before accelerating again.