Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot on Enterprise rentals at LAX ? (not loaners)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bhzmark

Jul 21, 2013
Previously Enterprise rentals at the airport didn't have AP and they said so. They no longer say so anymore on thier website but I wonder if anyone had success renting a Tesla at LAX or other airports from Enterprise and if they had AP.

Thanks for any info.

Yes I usually do Turo for Tesla rentals, but need the convenience and certainty of an airport pick up and drop off this time.

Correction, the website does still say no autopilot. Haven't yet been able to get a knowledgeable human on the Enterprise phone call yet.

https://www.enterprise.com/en/exotic-car-rental/vehicles/tesla-s.html

upload_2019-10-9_9-23-30.png

Finally connected with someone at Enterprise at LAX and they said AP wasn't enabled on their cars. While I give credit to Enterprise for even renting Tesla's in the first place when no one else is, they need to be smarter and see that AP use lowers collision claims and they should make that available.

Says the IIHS anyway.
"When we evaluated Teslas with the version 1 hardware after the Autopilot software was deployed, we saw a significant reduction in collision claim frequency"

Fewer physical damage, injury liability claims for Model S with advanced features

So I will have to use Turo until Enterprise or Hertz or someone gets smart and rents cars with AutoPilot.