Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot price after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to buy a used 2018 Model S without autopilot enabled. This is from a 3rd party dealer, not from Tesla. It's a 9/2018 build. I've looked around the forum and on other websites and I get conflicting prices. Does anyone know the current price to upgrade from no autopilot to AP? This would be an AP 2.5 car if that matters. Thanks!

Got it, thanks.

The car is located about 300 miles away. I plan on flying to buy the car and driving it back home the same day. It would be nice to have AP for the drive back. I've read that you pay via your online Tesla account. Since I don't think I will have access to the account by the time I buy it, I assume I'm out of luck for the drive back. Any thoughts or workarounds? Also, after I purchase AP, is it a software update that happens immediately or how is that initiated? Is it with the next software update?

Got it, thanks.

The car is located about 300 miles away. I plan on flying to buy the car and driving it back home the same day. It would be nice to have AP for the drive back. I've read that you pay via your online Tesla account. Since I don't think I will have access to the account by the time I buy it, I assume I'm out of luck for the drive back. Any thoughts or workarounds? Also, after I purchase AP, is it a software update that happens immediately or how is that initiated? Is it with the next software update?

no you're out of luck. Its going to take about 2-3 weeks after you send tesla your proof of purchase to get transfered to you, then you can use the app or the website to purchase AP, then it will get updated in the next day or two.

You can use the tried and true FSD called BaW (bring a wife)