Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot problems with M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model 3 today after 3 month wait. Driving first time on two lane highway with cruise on. On high alert paying attention to every little thing with car-feel of car and road, sounds etc. It happened so fast, car kicked out of cruise-going 60 mph with nothing in site. Almost came to a stop in a matter of seconds and took back off again! Happened several times with one time on interstate. If a car was behind me her nose would of been up my back side. Several other things happened that I'm not pleased with. Thought these cars were supposed to be good. First drive putting 170 miles on it and not impressed to say the least. Going to call Monday and tell them to hold on to my trade in. I might be coming for it.

Update on first post...let car sit all week so she could think about the bad things done to her new owner (me) and I'm here to say the model 3 in sexy red made me proud today. Had AP and auto steer on, with only a couple hiccups the sexy lady took me to the promised land several times. The first hiccup was at an off ramp and she didn't over react like...well we'll leave it at that but she drop one mile and got back on top with total control and efficiency. Two lane hiways! no trouble for this lady's sleek, trim and elegant body. Hard curves to right. hard curves to left. snake road did not phase this girl. she learns quick, retains all and keeps her man (me) firmly planted in the "don't mess with my man" zone. I was smiles for the 2.5 hour drive to house.Put in a home charging station today with a 10-50 plug in, 240 volt 32 amp service to give her what she craves...besides me that is. She's eating I'm cleaning up and this car is incredible. Sorry about first post darn girl must of thought I was going to hurt her or something. After she eats going to take her to my apt down south 2.5 miles and give her a bath dry her off and put her cover on... Till tomorrow.

if its brand new, it takes some training for it to fully 'calibrate'.

the owner also needs calibration, after new purchase (seriously).

give it time and be on high alert until you are used to its behavior. keep a buffer zone behind you. that's the smart way to drive a tesla.

dont think its going to be super smart. that's a fallacy. keep it on a 'lease' like an animal. anything weird can happen at any time. that's the mindset to have. this is NOT a finished product. treat it as such. work-in-progress is what we say in software.

It is a learning curve but a worthy challenge with tremendous return. Yet if I could change one thing it would be the annoying twitch of the steering wheel on autosteer. Any chance to get that function deleted? Oh and no off button on radio, how weird!!!
Thanks for reply needed the input to break in new model 3 right.