Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot slams on the brakes in car pool lane every day.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an issue with EAP driving in the HOV lane ever day.
On the 118 freeway, westbound, in the HOV lane at ~75mph, as I pass DeSoto and approach Topanga, it suddenly slows down the car as if I were on an offramp.

It is REALLY scary - especially if I have other cars behind me.
I now cover the gas at this point every day.

How do I address this with Tesla?

Submit a Bug Report immediately after passing that section of road.

I'm seeing this frequently on certain roads, and also seeing the software unnecessarily limit speed in areas such as highway entry ramps.

It is a potential safety issue when these things happen in the middle of heavy traffic driving at or above the posted highway speed - and the vehicles behind aren't expecting you to rapidly slow down.

I have an issue with EAP driving in the HOV lane ever day.
On the 118 freeway, westbound, in the HOV lane at ~75mph, as I pass DeSoto and approach Topanga, it suddenly slows down the car as if I were on an offramp.

It is REALLY scary - especially if I have other cars behind me.
I now cover the gas at this point every day.

How do I address this with Tesla?
Happens to me all the time. I use it less and less now. I had heard that its sometimes going underpasses, but I have found t does this often in the fast lane with no one in front of me without any overpass. I think it reads the car in lane next to me as infront of me. Wondering how many accidents this has caused. Drivers behind you arent expecting you to jam on the breaks. Also, does this quite often in stop and go traffic, which gives me immediate road rage at Tesla. so annoying.