Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Suspension Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still on 2023.44.30. Will you get a strike if you go over 85mph for a second while AP is active?

What about wheel weights? Anyone here actually try the weight after the update? Do they not work anymore? (Not that I use one) This is for knowledge.

I hear even if you look at the screen for an instant to check on your speed or set a new temperature it will nag and strike you for looking away. Some people said they were looking into the rear view mirror and got a strike.

Last edited:
There is always a warning that lasts about 3 - 5 seconds before you get disabled. Going over 85 is hard to correct quickly for me, but quick passing sometimes exceeds the warning to a current drive disablement and one of the 5 strikes. Best thing when you hear the warning is to disable via a push forward on the stalk, or whatever the comparable is with wheel buttons in 2021+

I am still on 2023.44.30. Will you get a strike if you go over 85mph for a second while AP is active?

What about wheel weights? Anyone here actually try the weight after the update? Do they not work anymore? (Not that I use one) This is for knowledge.

I hear even if you look at the screen for an instant to check on your speed or set a new temperature it will nag and strike you for looking away. Some people said they were looking into the rear view mirror and got a strike.

Yes, you will get a strike.

Wheel weight will only result in anger from other Tesla drivers, because the insistent nagging is caused by people who try to circumvent the rules. Please don't use them nor even talk about them.

No, you will not get a nag if you look at the speed. You will get one if you look at the screen for too long without glancing at the road.

Yes, you will get a strike.

Wheel weight will only result in anger from other Tesla drivers, because the insistent nagging is caused by people who try to circumvent the rules. Please don't use them nor even talk about them.

No, you will not get a nag if you look at the speed. You will get one if you look at the screen for too long without glancing at the road.

I can talk about whatever I want and use whatever I want. You won't suppress me.

I disagree with you regarding simply looking at the speed and not getting a strike. Many people have posted to complain that they simply look at the speed in a Y or 3 and it strikes them.

. Many people have posted to complain that they simply look at the speed in a Y or 3 and it strikes them.

That's totally and absolutely incorrect.

If you look at the speed for maybe 5 seconds, sure. But I look at it a LOT and have NEVER got dinged for it.
And you don't get a strike for a single ding. You have to do it, I think, 5 times.

BTW search for what the FTC done to speed monitoring disable solutions. You don't see them anymore, there is a reason.

And after an accident, Tesla will know and you won't get any sympathy from them or other agencies.

If you would learn to drive your vehicle correctly, you may not have as many problems.