Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot warning as soon as i turn it on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently anytime I've put my tesla in autopilot one or two seconds after it gives me the put hands on the steering wheel warning with the red lights blinking and beeping. I have had my tesla for almost 2 years and it's never done this before. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

Recently anytime I've put my tesla in autopilot one or two seconds after it gives me the put hands on the steering wheel warning with the red lights blinking and beeping. I have had my tesla for almost 2 years and it's never done this before. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?
This is new “functionality” that came with the recent NHTSA recall software update.

It now wants you to confirm your hands are on the wheel immediately after engaging autosteer, so be ready to apply torque to the wheel to register your presence.

This is new “functionality” that came with the recent NHTSA recall software update.

It now wants you to confirm your hands are on the wheel immediately after engaging autosteer, so be ready to apply torque to the wheel to register your presence.
I never read that in their notes, thanks for the information but I notice even when I still apply torque a couple seconds after. It will still give an error and other times it won't. It is so inconsistent I don't know why.