Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot warnings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently anytime I've put my tesla in autopilot one or two seconds after it gives me the put hands on the steering wheel warning with the red lights blinking and beeping. I have had my tesla for almost 2 years and it's never done this before. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

Recently anytime I've put my tesla in autopilot one or two seconds after it gives me the put hands on the steering wheel warning with the red lights blinking and beeping. I have had my tesla for almost 2 years and it's never done this before. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?
What changed? Recent firmware update?

YES -- it came with an update a few weeks ago. It's a real nag now. Even if you look at the screen for more that a FEW seconds, it will nag you. I get the nag and it is followed by a nag from my spouse. So it turns out to be a double nag.
Welcome to Tesla recall that people insist it should not be called recall.

Now you know why it's a Tesla recall because Tesla doesn't fix its Autopilot for the better but just punish the drivers instead.

Yes - even looking at the screen to confirm it's engaged is enough to get nagged at. It's kind of weird though, because it doesn't nag me if I remove my hands from the wheel and wave them in the air (yes, I've tested it), but if I flick a look at the screen, I get nagged at.
I still have to have a 'slight turning pressure' on the steering wheel, or it gives me the 'hands on the wheel' nag too.

I never read that in their notes, thanks for the information but I notice even when I still apply torque a couple seconds after. It will still give an error and other times it won't. It is so inconsistent I don't know why.
Also I know people who cover their cameras inside their tesla to mitigate the looking away error. But not sure if it still works