Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autozeitung: Tesla Model S P90D beats BMW 750i x-drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly I think declaring a overall winner after that review seems pretty pointless. Completely depends on what you want.

+Environment is important to you => Model S
You care about acceleration => Model S
Comfort is a priority for you => 7 Series
You want to drive fast => 7 Series
Fuel economy is important for you => Model S

Last edited:
Why do you leave out the most important metric?

If you care about the environment...

Honestly I think declaring a overall winner after that review seems pretty pointless. Completely depends on what you want.

You care about acceleration => Model S
Comfort is a priority for you => 7 Series
You want to drive fast => 7 Series
Fuel economy is important for you => Model S

I don't read German but I can read a chart. 0 to100 kph in 3.6 sec? That's only 2.5 miles an hour faster than 0 to 60 and that increases the time by .7 sec? Something is way off. Did they forget to hit the ludicrous button?

My guess:
0 to 100 km/h 3.6 s
- 1 feet roll-out 3.35 s
- 60 mph to 100 km/h 3.25 s
Driver used 0.7 s to floor the pedal. This wasted rest 0.35 s

Other possibilities: 2.9 s was done with special tires. Tires were warmed before start. TrackBite was used. Warmer weather made rubber softer.

The final verdict:

After the Audi RS7 the Tesla Model S as P90D now also beats the new 750i xDrive. Its sensational electric drive train gives it unreachable advantages compated to the significantly larger, more comfortable and less expensive 7 series.

Find this remarkable. The article also stresses that the BMW tested beat all the other big competitors:

In the environment of current luxury cars with ICE the BMW's V8-Biturbo has already come out on top of the S-Class, the Audi A8 and the Panamera GTS with its remarkable cruising qualities and fantastic display of power. But the P90D's electric drive train is superior to the 7series' combination of V8-Biturbo and currently best eight gear automatic transmission.