Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD+ (acceleration boost) GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any initial impressions vs PM3 or PM3- that you are aware of?
It's definitely a faster and noticeable bump up in speed after the upgrade. Doesn't match P3D or stealth P (which it isn't expected to), but in my opinion it's worth it....that is definitely relative because no one 'needs' to go this fast and in daily driving you won't use it. But for those of us who never had a chance to order a stealth performance because they didn't exist, and don't want to take a 20k+ bath trading in an AWD for a stealth, this is a good upgrade to have.

There is a very long thread on the main model 3 page and I've posted some of my results there (but also amongst the 70-ish pages in 5 days for that thread there is a lot of side bar discussion....). So, here's my personal thoughts:

Worth it? Yes
How fast? 0-100 improves to ~3.8s without 1 foot rollout, and about 3.5-3.6s when including it.
Relative to full P3/stealth? This gets halfway there, but P3 would be yet another level of crazy.

Personally, I think this upgrade isn't going to be the end of the speed boosts and perhaps more increase coming down the road to purchasers. Pure speculation, but the presedent would be if you have FSD there are features you keep getting improvements on that people who didn't purchase FSD don't get.

Edit: link to a post in the other thread with a decent vid comparison....there are a few of these out there now but this is a good one. Also in the thread linked people are posting their own drag times and a lot of people are seeing close to 3.5s with 1 foot rollout 0-60 mph.

MASTER THREAD: "Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

Post with some drag times:

MASTER THREAD: "Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

Last edited:
It's definitely a faster and noticeable bump up in speed after the upgrade. Doesn't match P3D or stealth P (which it isn't expected to), but in my opinion it's worth it....that is definitely relative because no one 'needs' to go this fast and in daily driving you won't use it. But for those of us who never had a chance to order a stealth performance because they didn't exist, and don't want to take a 20k+ bath trading in an AWD for a stealth, this is a good upgrade to have.

There is a very long thread on the main model 3 page and I've posted some of my results there (but also amongst the 70-ish pages in 5 days for that thread there is a lot of side bar discussion....). So, here's my personal thoughts:

Worth it? Yes
How fast? 0-100 improves to ~3.8s without 1 foot rollout, and about 3.5-3.6s when including it.
Relative to full P3/stealth? This gets halfway there, but P3 would be yet another level of crazy.

Personally, I think this upgrade isn't going to be the end of the speed boosts and perhaps more increase coming down the road to purchasers. Pure speculation, but the presedent would be if you have FSD there are features you keep getting improvements on that people who didn't purchase FSD don't get.

Edit: link to a post in the other thread with a decent vid comparison....there are a few of these out there now but this is a good one. Also in the thread linked people are posting their own drag times and a lot of people are seeing close to 3.5s with 1 foot rollout 0-60 mph.

Post with some drag times:

Thanks pcons. I've been through a good portion of the thread and watched these videos. I really just want to experience it for myself.

I'm in Oakville so close.

Reactions: corlaandstan
Dragtimes tested it and from what I saw, the boosted dual motor car was PULLING on the 'Performance' car.

If I owned a performance car I don't think I'd be super happy with that.

The Performance car is quicker down low but from 30-40mph on up, the boosted car has a better jump and then just holds the lead and even pulls very slightly.

I imagine the P cars will get a boost of their own at one point.

Dual Motor long range with teh boost seems like a pretty good option though. Trapping 117 mph in the 1/4 mile at that weight means it's making about 500-525 hp, and you're getting 500 kms of range as well as charging hella fast on V1/2/3 superchargers. Pretty sweet deal.

• Disagree
Reactions: Char
Got the upgrade over the weekend. With 1ft rollout got best of 4.39s 0-100km/h.

478234-e1deb35ee2ae1b4c741011c877c90eda.jpg

After update, got best of 3.84s 0-100km/h. Almost exactly the .5 second improvement as expected.

478233-635bfd5e427b4ea951e821c2c90e3445.jpg

In my opinion it can indeed be felt. Anyone liking a ride, I can probably arrange it. I live in Brampton.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 78
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 48