Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AZ Tinting Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our tinting done at Cactus Window Tint last week and would highly recommend Rick and his team! They did a great job and are very happy with the results! :cool:

They are in Scottsdale (basically Hayden & Raintree). 480.248.8966 ([email protected] or [email protected])

We went with a stacked tint to get the darker smoky color to go with the our Black MS as 3M Crystalline by itself would not have been as dark or smoky. 3M Color Stable CS-50 was applied first & with Crystalline 50 second on the back window and sides. Crystalline 70 was applied on Pano and Windshield. Definitely cuts the heat down inside when sitting in the hot AZ sun. Front end wrapped in SunTek (had to replace the factory PPF as it had already started to peel after 3 days). SunTek is much better looking (smoother and shinier) when you compare it to the factory PPF side by side.

Some pics after tinting/wrapping:
DSC_2407.jpg
DSC_2409.jpg
DSC_2411.jpg
DSC_2412.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lu Ann
I've never heard of stacked tinting before. That looks very nice. Which was applied first, the CS or Crystalline? I currently have 3M Crystalline 40 on my sides and rear and I'm not liking the look on the rear (looks purplish). Do you see any sort of purplish/blueish/reddish coloring on the rear on yours? Wondering whether or not 3M CS on top of the Crystalline on the back would solve that issue for me...

- - - Updated - - -

for reference, here's a pick of what I'm talking about on mine. (actually this pic was someone else's 3M Crystalline 40 but mine looks exactly like it...I'm just too lazy to go outside and take a new pic of mine LOL).

clearly you can see how the back window just looks awful on a black car. purplish tint+black car=mehhhhhh looks like a cheap tint job even though it's 3M Crystalline. However if CS on top of crystalline makes that go away....I just might try that.

3mhue.jpg

Thanks we are happy with the results and don't get the reddish/purple hue that we read about here on TMC... Color Stable was applied first and then Crystalline... our installer was the one who recommended stacking based on us having a black car and the fact that Crystalline tended to look reddish/purple. *Just a note it technically voids the warranty for the Color Stable but our installer will still cover it and just wrote the warranty based on Crystalline alone.

I've never heard of stacked tinting before. That looks very nice. Which was applied first, the CS or Crystalline? I currently have 3M Crystalline 40 on my sides and rear and I'm not liking the look on the rear (looks purplish). Do you see any sort of purplish/blueish/reddish coloring on the rear on yours? Wondering whether or not 3M CS on top of the Crystalline on the back would solve that issue for me...

- - - Updated - - -

for reference, here's a pick of what I'm talking about on mine. (actually this pic was someone else's 3M Crystalline 40 but mine looks exactly like it...I'm just too lazy to go outside and take a new pic of mine LOL).

clearly you can see how the back window just looks awful on a black car. purplish tint+black car=mehhhhhh looks like a cheap tint job even though it's 3M Crystalline. However if CS on top of crystalline makes that go away....I just might try that.

View attachment 24036

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you... I know some people do not like tint but it is a must here in AZ and are happy with the results and recommendations from our installer.

Very nice job.