Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

B-pillar cameras fogging up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that you can try if you are adventurous. Use a plastic pry tool to slightly peel the top of the B pillar inside trim. Push a packet of silica gel dessicant into the space and push the trim back flush. This will remove any moisture from the space behind the camera. It may or not cure the condensation issue.

There is no solution. In theory the cameras ought to be cleared by running the A/C, but as far as I know there’s no conduit for air to get to it, I presume it’s more of an internal ambient temperature thing.

The B-pillar cameras have no heating element so they’re at the mercy of the weather conditions.

I had the same problem on mine, and assumed it was a problem, made a service appointment but by the time the ranger came out it had cleared up. He took them off to inspect (there’s a Gore patch that was removed in later builds, and there’s a service bulletin to remove it on earlier cars) but basically said there wasn’t anything more than could be done.

no heating element so they’re at the mercy of the weather conditions.

It's a good thing that we don't have to worry (in the UK) about FSD being compromised by fogged cameras....

Even with some airflow, warm cabin air against cold glass will often condense. For me this is the first issue I had driving back from initial pick up, and an ever present reminder that Tesla evidently don't test for climates like ours.

Reactions: Durzel