Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

backslash \ button missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like both of you folks made a wrong assumption about why I said to change the password. It wasn't for that reason. :)
Well, you weren't very clear about it then. You made some comments about secure passwords being possible with the limited character set when the issue is that the car's virtual keyboard has a clear deficiency that you seem to reject. Yes, of course people could work around the problem by removing the missing characters from their passwords, and we could maintain the complexity/entropy by making them longer, we all know that, the point is nobody should have to do that because the keyboard should include these characters.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4
Well, you weren't very clear about it then. You made some comments about secure passwords being possible with the limited character set when the issue is that the car's virtual keyboard has a clear deficiency that you seem to reject.
Gee, my wife said you would come back with the pointer of me not being clear as that is what people like to do when they jump to conclusions. Just ask instead of making an assumption. My apologies not the be clear.

Looks like both of you folks made a wrong assumption about why I said to change the password. It wasn't for that reason. :)

3034c30f4e9a3eb6f9b1aff18aa9751d.jpg

I understood what you meant. Some people on here seem to just want to get in the last word to satisfy themselves that they are smarter than everyone else. ;)

you get points for licking his boots?

Picked up refreshed Model X, cannot use "|" in password. I have to create a guest network to use a different password. It sucks that the keyboard won't allow some symbols.
USB keyboard will allow you to type it in. For something like a wifi password that you only need to type once, it easier to find a keyboard than it is to change your password and then have to update 27 other devices.