Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup camera colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have a problem with the model x cameras and judging distances? While backing up I spend a majority of the time watching the upper camera with no distance information and you have to take your eyes off the that camera to find the distance info. Most cars have different colored lines that come up while backing up.

upload_2021-1-8_12-42-31.jpeg

upload_2021-1-8_12-39-55.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-8_12-41-56.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-8_12-41-56.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 27
  • upload_2021-1-8_12-42-13.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-8_12-42-13.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 31
Does anyone else have a problem with the model x cameras and judging distances?
Those lines are not determined by cameras.
That is all ultrasonic sensors on both bumpers.

The STOP world comes up when you are 10" or closer to the obstacle. For me this has been very consistent on Model X and Y.

Also, the color changes from grey/white to yellow to red based on distance.

The car will beep as well and I don't think you can disable it. If you close your eyes and start backing up (or creeping forward), the car will tell you when you're getting close to hitting something. I haven't checked, but I think the distance numbers on the UI are relatively accurate.

The ultrasonics SW seems to have been updated in the latest 48.30 firmware and people have said self-parking works better. I park myself so I haven't tried.

The STOP world comes up when you are 10" or closer to the obstacle. For me this has been very consistent on Model X and Y.

yes, but not very convenient when you have to look elsewhere for distance info. The sounds aren’t very loud when music is playing but maybe that’s how mode enabled.