Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad production news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For every 2,500 battery packs and driving units that leave the Gigafactory, the documents show, an additional 1,000 pieces of "nonconforming material" is created. Half of that will be reworked and put into other car parts. The other half becomes scrap. Link

This was reported in March. Is there any further factual detail, or is it just a rehash of problems they have moved past?
Tesla employees say automaker is churning out a high volume of flawed parts requiring costly rework

I'll answer my own question:
The documents were dated in the first quarter.

all these craps does affect the public opinion for sure. But Tesla still has many fans. As long as Tesla keeps progressing the way it has been, it should be able to turn the perception around. This is an impressive forest, don't miss it because of the trees.

Honestly the public has tuned out on all the crap that is being heaped on Tesla.

I believe you're right. The recent Tesla on autopilot Crashes into parked Police car did not last very long in the headlines and didn't move the stock down. People are finally getting the point that you need to keep alert and keep your hands on the steering wheel when you use autopilot.